Recruiting 2025 Offers

Only commenting because I haven’t seen anything on it so far but 4 star guard Chance Mallory and 3/4 (depending on the recruiting site) forward Silas Barksdale took unofficial visits at VCU last night. It would appear that this is Silas’ second visit.

Only commenting because I haven’t seen anything on it so far but 4 star guard Chance Mallory and 3/4 (depending on the recruiting site) forward Silas Barksdale took unofficial visits at VCU last night. It would appear that this is Silas’ second visit.
Yeah, it got mentioned in the game thread but not here. No idea how those visits went.

Jackson Keith is the No. 71 player in the 2025 On3 Industry Ranking. The 6-foot-5 wing is entering his junior season at Durham (NC) Southern High. Keith was invited to the recent USA Basketball Junior National Team October Minicamp.

“Definitely just to get better learn from some of the best players and some of the best coaches around the world,” Keith told On3. “And then prove myself that I’m one of the best players in the country. It was great. I mean we all worked hard, the energy was high, and I feel like I played very well.

On3 caught up with four-star Jackson Keith after a recent live viewing to talk about his recruitment.

“I would say that Virginia, VCU, NC State, and Tennessee have been the most consistent,” Keith said. “I’ve been to NC State and Virginia, and I want to get down to Tennessee.

Keith Talks Recruitment​

Virginia: “Our conversations are honest. They’re not telling me that I’m gonna come in and play right away. They’re telling me I’m gonna have to earn everything when I come down there. There’s nothing that will be guaranteed and that’s what I really enjoy. So, I know I can come down there and play right away.”

NC State: “I mean, me and Coach (Kevin) Keatts, we have one of the best relationships out of everybody. I mean, I’ll call him about stuff outside of basketball. So, of course, that’s, that almost feels like he making a real family aspect.”

VCU: “I’ve actually learned a lot about them, especially since they come from Utah State. They send me a whole lot of game film and stuff about how I can fit in with how they play. They’re always telling me that the level doesn’t really doesn’t matter as long as you get to that end goal. And I really like that.”

Tennessee: “They always say that I’ll fit into that long athletic wing mode. They have one of those almost every year on their roster and every time they get to the league. That’s the end goal for me.”

“I’m hearing a lot from UNC,” Keith added. “Me and Coach (Hubert) Davis have started to build up a relationship, and I’ve been over there a couple of times. I spoke with Providence for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Ohio State has been in touch some and Butler.”

In His Words​

“Official visits haven’t even come up yet really,” Keith said. “Thankfully my parents have the resources that I’ll be able to save a whole lot for my senior year or when I really want to close down on my decision.

“I’ll be looking closely at the family aspect of a program. I feel like I can play anywhere, so, the role matters. But at the same time, I want somewhere that has the connections to get me to the next level and it’s gonna make me work to get to the next level.”

Mallory is very undersized but a great guard. True floor general that can light it up from 3. Got some big time offers with more to come especially playing for Belfield. I remember a Big Shots tournament back in 2016 or 17 when he was ~10 y/o on Team Thrill playing up on 12u and hitting 3's from a couple steps behind the arc at Cary St Gym.

Anyway, I don't think he'll end up at VCU. Something tells me he'll commit to UVA and be their new Kihei Clark

We just signed a 24' pg less than a week ago. I expect that would cause some pause by any recruit when decided where they want to sign.

Back