Recruiting 4* Top 100 SG Dahmir Bishop:Closed

as if losing out on him wouldn't be s.hitty enough, having to play against him is just more s.hit icing on the s.hit cake. f.uckin way she goes boys

Well. We aren't out. He going to do an official visit here...he isn't going to decide until late October...let's see what happens

as if losing out on him wouldn't be s.hitty enough, having to play against him is just more s.hit icing on the s.hit cake. f.uckin way she goes boys
If we want big time recruits, we will need to get back to winning. It’s really that simple. Believe it or not, the rest of the world does hold VCU in such high regards like we all do. If we win, and mike stays, recruits will start to come. Until then, we hope mike can find the guys that others missed on. Not that we can’t land a big recruit, but it’s not like VCU is hand in hand with Duke UNC or Kentucky.

If we want big time recruits, we will need to get back to winning. It’s really that simple. Believe it or not, the rest of the world does hold VCU in such high regards like we all do. If we win, and mike stays, recruits will start to come. Until then, we hope mike can find the guys that others missed on. Not that we can’t land a big recruit, but it’s not like VCU is hand in hand with Duke UNC or Kentucky.
I think we need to take a deep breath. We are on cut lists for a number of BIG TIME recruits. Coming off a mediocre 18 win season. We had a much less impressive list coming off another winning season and NCAA trip.

Before we start weeping woe-is-me laments about recruiting, let's see where we end up at the end of this cycle. I am guessing that our class this year will be among the best VCU has ever had And we would have been HUGE underdogs for Bacot in the year after the FF or any year since. We have never landed a recruit at that level. So moping about how bad recruiting is because we "aren't winning" after Bacot goes to UNC seems just a little over the top. Just my 2 cents

We have never landed a recruit at that level. So moping about how bad recruiting is because we "aren't winning" after Bacot goes to UNC seems just a little over the top. Just my 2 cents

the fact that the kid is local changes the narrative a bit. It is not like we missed on a kid from California

I think we need to take a deep breath. We are on cut lists for a number of BIG TIME recruits. Coming off a mediocre 18 win season. We had a much less impressive list coming off another winning season and NCAA trip.

Before we start weeping woe-is-me laments about recruiting, let's see where we end up at the end of this cycle. I am guessing that our class this year will be among the best VCU has ever had And we would have been HUGE underdogs for Bacot in the year after the FF or any year since. We have never landed a recruit at that level. So moping about how bad recruiting is because we "aren't winning" after Bacot goes to UNC seems just a little over the top. Just my 2 cents
Not and wasn’t trying to whine. I’m just trying to be honest. Making these lists are great. I’m assuming most of us figured Bacot wouldn’t come here, he’s a 5* who wants to win a natty. A guy like Dahmir would be great, and I think we have a chance at the rest of these guys based on their offers and final lists.

Not and wasn’t trying to whine. I’m just trying to be honest. Making these lists are great. I’m assuming most of us figured Bacot wouldn’t come here, he’s a 5* who wants to win a natty. A guy like Dahmir would be great, and I think we have a chance at the rest of these guys based on their offers and final lists.
Ok, but I am not really sure what being honest means in this context. Even without Dahmir, we can have a class this year from kids referring to us as on their lists that is certainly in the top 5 all time, and maybe top 2-3 depending. And that is off an 18-15 record. So it isn't as if we "need to win" at some extraordinary level to recruit well. Just looking at it from the outside in, I think on the trail this staff has taken a HUGE (preliminary) step up. Gotta close now.

Ok, but I am not really sure what being honest means in this context. Even without Dahmir, we can have a class this year from kids referring to us as on their lists that is certainly in the top 5 all time, and maybe top 2-3 depending. And that is off an 18-15 record. So it isn't as if we "need to win" at some extraordinary level to recruit well. Just looking at it from the outside in, I think on the trail this staff has taken a HUGE (preliminary) step up. Gotta close now.
The “honest” is that the trail being great is one thing, but you gotta close now. If I had to guess, a big factor in some kids final decision is probably going to be winning.

The “honest” is that the trail being great is one thing, but you gotta close now. If I had to guess, a big factor in some kids final decision is probably going to be winning.

Yep. That's why travis Ford, johnny jones, tom crean reel in the big names.

the fact that the kid is local changes the narrative a bit. It is not like we missed on a kid from California

Hometown always is the penultimate factor.

That's why unc and Duke only recruit in north Carolina and why fultz went to Maryland and Jayson Tatum went to LSU :roll:

“Probably”

If you meant winning is probably a factor in a kid's decision, I think you may have misplaced probably, but my point still stands. Did Ben Simmons really pick LSU because he honestly thought johnny jones was "probably" going to lead LSU to a championship?

If you meant winning is probably a factor in a kid's decision, I think you may have misplaced probably, but my point still stands. Did Ben Simmons really pick LSU because he honestly thought johnny jones was "probably" going to lead LSU to a championship?
Lol there’s also probably other factors that hopefully VCU doesn’t take part in

Hometown always is the penultimate factor.

That's why unc and Duke only recruit in north Carolina and why fultz went to Maryland and Jayson Tatum went to LSU :roll:
point missed completely but thanks for playing

Ben Simmons went to LSU because his Godfather was on the coaching staff, Ben was always going to LSU

Back