Recruiting 4* Top 100 SG Dahmir Bishop:Closed

Kendrick warren ... never got to sniff at the NBA.

There were no analytical capabilities like today or media or coaching staff reach or proper ranking system back in those days. Coaches fly around, media fly around, players fly around and there is tapes available on literally every recruit.

Right now you could average 35ppg at your HS and still be a 2*

Even if someone believes that he was truly the top 5 player in the country then (LOL), why live in the glory of something that is 25 years ago?

In the last 20 years the only time we got decent recruits was under Shaka Smart

There were no analytical capabilities like today or media or coaching staff reach or proper ranking system back in those days. Coaches fly around, media fly around, players fly around and there is tapes available on literally every recruit.

Even if someone believes that he was truly the top 5 player in the country then (LOL), why live in the glory of something that is 25 years ago?

We had two 1st round draft picks in the last 20 years and Shaka didn't recruit either one.

He may not have made it to the NBA but he was clearly a big time recruit...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_McDonald's_All-American_Boys_Game

But I agree it has nothing to do with the program today. We have a $30million practice facility so we should be able to get 4* guys consistently, need to get back to winning though.

I'm not getting the we've got to get back to winning. We had 1, ONE, yes ONE sub par season and now "We have to get back to winning." Or we'll never land a top recruit again. Sorry I don't agree, one season (in which we won more games than we lost by the way, even if it isn't up to what we've come to expect), does not suddenly make us a losing program or unattractive to recruits.

I'm not getting the we've got to get back to winning. We had 1, ONE, yes ONE sub par season and now "We have to get back to winning." Or we'll never land a top recruit again. Sorry I don't agree, one season (in which we won more games than we lost by the way, even if it isn't up to what we've come to expect), does not suddenly make us a losing program or unattractive to recruits.

Actually, in a way, it kinda does. We had 1 final four run and that was a long time ago now. 7 years is a long time and since then, we haven't made it out of the 1st weekend. When you have that losing record, especially as a non P5 and when it's a new coach....your recruiting does kinda take a hit.

Actually, in a way, it kinda does. We had 1 final four run and that was a long time ago now. 7 years is a long time and since then, we haven't made it out of the 1st weekend. When you have that losing record, especially as a non P5 and when it's a new coach....your recruiting does kinda take a hit.
1. It wasn't a losing record.

2. We'll see if recruiting takes a hit. So far, our offers and cut lists are MILES better than they were coming off Frank's "winning" season the year before MR arrived.

If you look at the net we've cast for 2019, this is the deepest set of prospects we ever seriously contended. Worse case scenario, if we don't end up with any of 4+ stars, the 3* are eminently able to continue as.freshmen. prince gillam, maceo austin, isnord, devin butts, etc all really good!!!!

Which top recruits are we landing right now? The fact is, with our program and our conference, if you're not winning 24 games a season, you're no one. Our last years team wouldn't have won 5 games in the P6. Yah... and we had to work hard to get good recruits while winning 24 odd games a season. In current status... you're just over confident.

If you look at the net we've cast for 2019, this is the deepest set of prospects we ever seriously contended. Worse case scenario, if we don't end up with any of 4+ stars, the 3* are eminently able to continue as.freshmen. prince gillam, maceo austin, isnord, devin butts, etc all really good!!!!

Doesn't matter what net we cast....that does not equal commits. As NMollen said, let's see how well we recruit this year and go from there. NMollen, I meant crappy record....is that better?

By winning I meant making the tourny, sorry should have clarified. To consistently recruit at a high level as a mid major, like Shaka was starting to before he left, we need to be making the tourny every year. I have faith in MR and have been impressed so far.

Even last years class which a lot of people on here were not impressed with I thought was solid. I see PJ, Curry and Vince being very high level starters in the A10 in a couple years.

I see PJ, Curry and Vince being very high level starters in the A10 in a couple years.
What else do you see in your psychic state? Are pigs flying in 2030? Is Donald Trump tweeting about his 5th run at the white house? Is Mueller still investigating 2028 election fraud?

It could have been literally any one as our recruit and the delusional lot would "see" them being very high level starters. In reality, there is nothing that you can base this prediction on.

What else do you see in your psychic state? Are pigs flying in 2030? Is Donald Trump tweeting about his 5th run at the white house? Is Mueller still investigating 2028 election fraud?

It could have been literally any one as our recruit and the delusional lot would "see" them being very high level starters. In reality, there is nothing that you can base this prediction on.

The way you talk to others here is exactly why you are not a TOP MEMBER!

Back