Recruiting 4* Top 100 SG Dahmir Bishop:Closed

I'm thinking this guy is gonna be a Ram; a VCU Ram. Not some mangy sheep from New England.

Why? Don't we know by now that almost none of the so called experts ever thinks we are really in the running for someone until we sign them.

https://247sports.com/college/xavie...st-in-Xavier-basketball-recruiting-121791220/

Brian is the Xavier Recruiting guru. I told him he underestimated VCU.

'
As of now, no commitment has been made, though I feel confident in saying that Xavier is working hard to make sure that Bishop doesn’t make another official visit. If he does make a visit, it will be next weekend to Rhode Island, and I think a decision would come shortly after that.

At this point it sounds like VCU and Penn State don’t have too much of a chance, and it is basically the Rams, who have been there the longest, and the Musketeers, who have had the momentum and have been charging hard in this recruitment for the past several weeks."

'
In terms of where Xavier stands, I would say the key day to focus on would be Monday. If Bishop goes through this weekend and doesn’t commit, I would say that indicates that he plans to go on his Rhode Island visit.

Obviously since Xavier has pushed to try and make sure that visit doesn’t happen, and hope to lock up this commitment before then, that would not be good for the Musketeers. It would in my mind indicate that he isn’t sold on Xavier, and the comfort of the longer standing relationship with the Rhode Island coaching staff is starting to win out.

That said, and I do think this is possible, if it doesn’t get to Monday, it is a near lock he picks the Musketeers.

Currently I have my Crystal Ball pick in for Xavier, and I have no indication that I need to change it. While this is definitely not a done deal for Xavier as it stands today, I still think that it is more likely he chooses Xavier than he chooses Rhode Island."

Brian Snow (the beat guy who wrote the above) is the 247 Xavier Recruiting guru. I told him he underestimated VCU.

"If it doesn't get to Monday, it is a near lock he picks the Musketeers."

Wow, that ponderous. Friggin' ponderous.

Back