#804RamBall

A just moved technical school which was near our house was moving out the last of their stuff today, and some young guys (students) were helping them dismantle some stuff and haul it off to the dump. One of the students is Fats' cousin, we met in December of this past year. I learned a lot about what he and some others feel about VCU's relationship back then with the local hooping community. The convos I had with him back then were very enlightening, to say the least. Summing it up about Fats, he and his family are VERY proud of him and elated to be able to have him here. Today we scored a bunch of stuff that will greatly help with the kitties we caretake.. long story short while we were grabbing stuff off the trailer they were loading, we chatted with 6 of them. Every one of them are familiar with our entire 804 crew and Efton, many are and have been friends with one or several, "yeah both of us were in Rose's classes". Every one of them is familiar with Coach White, Team Loaded, JMHS, and the story of the 804 crew coming here. Not one of them showed any familiarity whatsoever with the players who disassembled and moved on to different places, that was a let down, but also enlightening. I don't like the phrase just saying, but just passing this on... they sounded excited to check out some games this year and see guys they already know, play here.

A just moved technical school which was near our house was moving out the last of their stuff today, and some young guys (students) were helping them dismantle some stuff and haul it off to the dump. One of the students is Fats' cousin, we met in December of this past year. I learned a lot about what he and some others feel about VCU's relationship back then with the local hooping community. The convos I had with him back then were very enlightening, to say the least. Summing it up about Fats, he and his family are VERY proud of him and elated to be able to have him here. Today we scored a bunch of stuff that will greatly help with the kitties we caretake.. long story short while we were grabbing stuff off the trailer they were loading, we chatted with 6 of them. Every one of them are familiar with our entire 804 crew and Efton, many are and have been friends with one or several, "yeah both of us were in Rose's classes". Every one of them is familiar with Coach White, Team Loaded, JMHS, and the story of the 804 crew coming here. Not one of them showed any familiarity whatsoever with the players who disassembled and moved on to different places, that was a let down, but also enlightening. I don't like the phrase just saying, but just passing this on... they sounded excited to check out some games this year and see guys they already know, play here.
That's really cool.

Also, Fats's 804 picture makes for an awesome forum avatar.

Fats has a grandfather that works at the BJs Warehouse club near Regency Mall. Everytime I see him we talk about VCU hoops. They are so proud to have Fats at VCU. Kind of reminds me of when we had a Burgess in uniform for about 10 years. Really hoping VCU will become a destination school for 804 kids. If we can establish a decent NIL fund that could be a reality. There is enough local talent here that we could put a great squad on the floor every year just recruiting kids in Virginia and primarily in the 804. Rhoades never tapped in to that pipeline although we did finish runner-up to Louisville for Rose during his HS recruitment.

If this past season is any indication, John Marshall will be loaded for years to come. The big freshman who started on varsity is being recruited by a ton of P6 schools. Jason Rivera - a transfer who started this year, is going to Vandy. Dennis Parker Jr to NC State. PG Damon Thompson, has offers from several mid majors. PG Dominique Bailey is starting to get mid major offers. Lockdown defender who led JM in assists and steals. Will be interesting to see who they bring in this off-season. After going 28-0 & being ranked #1 in the country for most of the season there should be plenty of interest from outside the area.

Fats has a grandfather that works at the BJs Warehouse club near Regency Mall. Everytime I see him we talk about VCU hoops. They are so proud to have Fats at VCU. Kind of reminds me of when we had a Burgess in uniform for about 10 years. Really hoping VCU will become a destination school for 804 kids. If we can establish a decent NIL fund that could be a reality. There is enough local talent here that we could put a great squad on the floor every year just recruiting kids in Virginia and primarily in the 804. Rhoades never tapped in to that pipeline although we did finish runner-up to Louisville for Rose during his HS recruitment.

If this past season is any indication, John Marshall will be loaded for years to come. The big freshman who started on varsity is being recruited by a ton of P6 schools. Jason Rivera - a transfer who started this year, is going to Vandy. Dennis Parker Jr to NC State. PG Damon Thompson, has offers from several mid majors. PG Dominique Bailey is starting to get mid major offers. Lockdown defender who led JM in assists and steals. Will be interesting to see who they bring in this off-season. After going 28-0 & being ranked #1 in the country for most of the season there should be plenty of interest from outside the area.
DP Jr is one I swear I'd love to see decommit and come here. He's a wild one.

Except for the fact there’s a decent chance we will play them early in the season.
Well if that's the case why arent we comparing ourselves to Dayton because we are defineatley playing them next season? Or how about the other teams we are going to play?

Look the reason the poster compared the teams isn't because we "might" play them but because Mike and a couple of former players are now in uniform there. My position, forget about them. PSwho cares.

Let's focus on us. But hey you do you and keep worrying about the old girlfriend who might come to the party.

Look I get fans like to see local talent. However, I like to see talent, no matter where their parents decided to live. If we get local talent cool, if we recruit nationally even better.

Bottom line just get talent. If you know VCU basketball, you knowwe have done quite well talent wise both locally and nationally.

Talent? Yes find and secure it wherever you can.

Last edited:
Did I just see on the NCAA transfer portal that Efton Reid is expected to select Wake Forest? Anyone have any definitive info on this?

Back