News Ace Baldwin following Mike Rhoades to Penn State

I still can’t fathom why.
Because Ace has bought into the system that MR implements, he plays it extremely well and he wants to show those in the pro leagues that he can do it in a major conference.

I can understand feeling loyalty towards a coach, so I can respect a young person for having that kind of loyalty, to an extent. I am also disappointed, selfishly for the loss of his talent, but also for what seems to be a high risk of squandering that talent going into a disadvantaged situation out of loyalty. Of course, if anyone can pull that program up, and keep making Mike look good, it's probably Ace.

I still can’t fathom why. Mad at Ed because Mike couldn’t make a decision. Really don’t get that.
Mad likely because reportedly.... Ed reportedly didn't let the staff talk to the players after MR made his decision & the players finding out via Social Media. Among other things.

Because Ace has bought into the system that MR implements, he plays it extremely well and he wants to show those in the pro leagues that he can do it in a major conference.
He's not saying he can't fathom why Ace would follow MR based on style of play. He's referring to the BSer's / Snakes comments.

Its obvious MR lets the players play..... which *News Flash* is not always a good thing.... and Ace likes that about MR.... but thats not what @rvaram was saying he couldn't fathom why about based on the post he responded to.

I can’t imagine Coach O ever thought Ace was going to be playing ball at VCU this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s known who was in and out since his first meetings.
No doubt, but you kinda have to let it play out. I'm sure he was working on the "no Ace" plan from the day he accepted the job.

Back