Bones Hyland - NBA Thread

But if you read the document, it makes it clear, you can sign with an agent and STILL come back. Just depends on what happens.
Yes - you are correct, but signing with an agent “typically” means you are going pro. I would 100% welcome him back, but it has the feel that he’s onto the next level.

Btw - I was in Dinwiddie Co last week to apply for a business license for my employer. When I hopped back on I-85 I saw a sign for Purdy, VA. Not gonna lie, I only know two people that live in Purdy and it’s you and the mrs. Looking forward to seeing you back at The Stu next season!

Come on man, how long do you think it would take to fix that?
Do you think Rhoades would push a player out of the program in May? I don’t. I think they know 100% that Bones is gone and that’s why they’ve signed Tsohonis and Nunn.

Do you think Rhoades would push a player out of the program in May? I don’t. I think they know 100% that Bones is gone and that’s why they’ve signed Tsohonis and Nunn.
Under normal circumstances, no way. If by some 1% chance the current A-10 player of the year decides to run it back, absolutely.

Academic question, tho. It's not happening.

Under normal circumstances, no way. If by some 1% chance the current A-10 player of the year decides to run it back, absolutely.

Academic question, tho. It's not happening.
i think Tsohonis was more about knowing Bones is leaving than Nunn, but your point stands

i think Tsohonis was more about knowing Bones is leaving than Nunn, but your point stands
Agreed.

After Bones got hurt he was 100% in (if not hurt badly) or 100% out (if he had to rehab). He was probably in already but getting hurt puts everything in perspective.

Agreed.

After Bones got hurt he was 100% in (if not hurt badly) or 100% out (if he had to rehab). He was probably in already but getting hurt puts everything in perspective.
i also think theres been some guarantees from some teams that he'll be drafted and/or signed as an undrafted FA

I think the only real shot of him coming back is an unfortunate injury that prevents him from really showcasing in workouts, etc and prevents him from getting the warm and fuzzies from a team in the pre-draft process. Because otherwise I think his talent is pretty easy to spot by guys paid big bucks to spot it.

I just watched the pelicans and knicks play. Believe me, Bones will do fine. In fact, I would like to see Baylor play either one of those teams. They suck big time. The knicks had a player about the size of Bones only he couldn’t shoot as good or as far. Zion had 30 some odd points and his team still lost. He was so out of breath they needed to roll out a breathing machine for him. The pelicans are trying him out as a point guard. He needs to drop a few lbs. I think Bones is going to kick arse in the NBA when he gets comfortable. Honestly😉he already has the confidence. 😉
People seem to forget that even the worst nba teams are filled with 13-15 of the top 450 basketball players in the world. They would wipe the floor with any cbb team. Bones has potential to become a good player in the NBA but it will require hard work and determination even to get close. As for those Knicks players, there are 6 who shoot multiple 3s per game against NBA talent who have better 3% than bones did against A10 talent. That’s not a knock at Bones. The NBA players are just a lot better than the casual fan gives credit.

People seem to forget that even the worst nba teams are filled with 13-15 of the top 450 basketball players in the world. They would wipe the floor with any cbb team. Bones has potential to become a good player in the NBA but it will require hard work and determination even to get close. As for those Knicks players, there are 6 who shoot multiple 3s per game against NBA talent who have better 3% than bones did against A10 talent. That’s not a knock at Bones. The NBA players are just a lot better than the casual fan gives credit.
I will take the knicks and give Baylor 30 pts.

Defense is not a requirement in the nba, at least on the perimeter. Lots of open threes to be had. Turn on the wizards game that is on now and see for yourself. Bones, though, probably shoots better with someone in his face.

I think he would do it in November if Bones wanted to come back. I agree that they probably know that Bones is 100% gone at this point though. Even before his official announcement the recruiting moves we made this week kind of told us that, and the wording of his announcement makes it even more likely. This certainly doesn't seem like something he's doing to get feedback. He's jumping in with both feet planning to play basketball for money next year. Hopefully that will be on an NBA roster.

For the record, PJ was “notified” on May 17 when Bones was brought in

Back