Coach Ryan Odom Show, Media Minutes & Pressers

Yeah, same. He just said he can see staying a long time because of the level he thinks we're at/can reach. If he moves on in a few years that means we've done well. I can live with that.
His talk of the past and present in regards to the program was nice to hear. He has his eyes on the prize and he has a plan to get where he believes the program can go.

Last edited:
He says he is here because he believes we can a win a national championship at VCU. He didn't mention about NIL.

Ugh. Mistake.
Jon asked him why VCU might not be a stepping stone but a long term job. Odom said what he had to. One might think it would be refreshing for him to have said "F no, I'm out of here to a P5 the first chance I get," but it would seem such an answer would be impolitic.

Nah, it is how he feels at the moment. I got a kick out of it. Hearing him talk about the roster has me excited.
i don’t mind it as long as he doesn’t talk in absolutes about staying. like *cough cough* mike the mole

I keep telling myself.... "Self, do not fall in love with another VCU coach, do not fall in love with another VCU coach, do not fall in love with another VCU coach".
I've been saying that since Dana Kirk and his bad suits.

Is tonight’s coaches show online somewhere? I can’t find it.

Back