Former Recruits and Players

I agree that Justin wasn’t a true post player, and his supporting cast wasn’t our best, but you can’t fault Justin’s loyalty and effort.
I am not faulting Justin’s loyalty or effort. I was perhaps one of his first fans as I have a connection with Detroit. I wanted him to do well.

I just dont like it when people talk as if his play led us to anything meaningful, it didn’t. Wasn’t his fault but having one guy shoot all the time ain’t gonna cut it unless that guy is named Curry or Abdul Jabber.

Trust and believe if Fermin can catch himself a better NIL deal at a higher level program he would be out of here just as quick as all the other players and coaches that leave us when something better comes along. Some of you all bleed black and gold, but all these players & coaches see now is green. Even a coach's contractual commitment is meaningless. "Ramily" may exist from some fans to the program and players. But that relationship is unidirectional and only flows one way.
Nah it only applies to fair weather fans who try to blame their lack of loyalty and commitment on the kids. Heck the way the kid is being bashed , why would he want to play for such a fan base?

Heres a thought, maybe he likes Richmond, and VCU The bottom line is he is still here going hard for his team, his University, and the fans (even those who are hypercritical). He shouldn’t be bashed.

When having debates such as these, I take comfort in knowing many of you are reactionary and really cannot evaluate talent. This is the same fan based that cheered when Joey R decided to transfer, even though I stated how good he was and how much growth he had.

Same fan, base that now loves Joey R’s dirty underwear. Hang in their Fermin will prove worthy just stop jumping on him at every turn. If you dont believe in him say your piece and move on. No need to jump on this kid at every turn.

What we know is even if they dont comment, they do read this crap.

I’ve never understood why anyone would go there. There are plenty of other quality institutions that aren’t adjacent to the Arctic.
Same, as a fan I have never been there and have no desire. I will say a good friend and a VCU alum has a daughter who is a graduate of SBU.

Go figure.

Back