Hofstra is thinking about leaving the CAA.

districtballer

Elite Member
http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/ny-sphof0508,0,819758.story

Hofstra will explore moving its intercollegiate athletic program out of the southern-based Colonial Athletic Association, persons familiar with the athletic program said Thursday.

Hofstra did not say what has prompted its exploration, but it appears the university would prefer to have more of a northeast profile. The Atlantic-10 is Hofstra's first choice, those close to the situation said, but no openings currently exist in that New England-based group.

What about a swap

Hofstra for U of R

We'd get to beat their asses twice a year :lol: :!:

interesting.
IF hofstra were to bolt, do you all think it would have a trickle down effect with the other northern schools in the conference?

...so do they expect to keep their FB team in the CAA?

buckwheat said:
interesting.
IF hofstra were to bolt, do you all think it would have a trickle down effect with the other northern schools in the conference?

Likely it seems that a lot of schools up in the north think there is a heavy southern bias in the CAA. I think they have a point with the tourney 3 blocks away from VCU every year. No northern teams have ever won a CAA championship although Hofstra came close in 2006. The CAA seems like more of a regional, Virginia-based conference for the most part. GSU is definitely looking to bolt if football takes off over there. They are clearly using the CAA as a stepping stone, at least that's what they want to do.

LOL @ the Atlantic 10 being their first choice

Go back to the A. East

at0micfly said:
What about a swap

Hofstra for U of R

You've lost your freak'n mind! No way Richmond is allowed back in to CAA the way theyleft the CAA hanging when they bolted to the A10. They made their bed and now they can live with it and the 2,000 fans that show up for their basketball games.

Wolfpack Ram said:
at0micfly said:
What about a swap

Hofstra for U of R

You've lost your freak'n mind! No way Richmond is allowed back in to CAA the way theyleft the CAA hanging when they bolted to the A10. They made their bed and now they can live with it and the 2,000 fans that show up for their basketball games.

Honestly, I doubt they would want to come back to the CAA.

districtballer said:
Wolfpack Ram said:
at0micfly said:
What about a swap

Hofstra for U of R

Honestly, I doubt they would want to come back to the CAA.

They might, they can't do anything in the A-10. Although I don't know if they Colonial would let them back in.

The MAAC is their best bet. That may actually be a nice fit for them.

I seriously doubt Richmond would consider coming back to the CAA, but I would welcome them with open arms.

NickGeorge21VCU said:
They might, they can't do anything in the A-10. Although I don't know if they Colonial would let them back in.

No. They don't want back in to the CAA. They are in a better basketball conference in the A-10 and they know that. They will be pretty good next year. If they are in the top 4 in any given year there is a good chance they can make the tournament. No way that's true in the CAA. They also know they burned a lot of bridges leaving and they wouldn't want to come back given the past history. The fact is, VCU would love to be in the A-10 right now. We certainly wouldn't have been the best team in the league in the A-10 the way we have been in the CAA. It's a stronger bball league any way you look at it.

districtballer said:
NickGeorge21VCU said:

No. They don't want back in to the CAA. They are in a better basketball conference in the A-10 and they know that. They will be pretty good next year. If they are in the top 4 in any given year there is a good chance they can make the tournament. No way that's true in the CAA. They also know they burned a lot of bridges leaving and they wouldn't want to come back given the past history. The fact is, VCU would love to be in the A-10 right now. We certainly wouldn't have been the best team in the league in the A-10 the way we have been in the CAA. It's a stronger bball league any way you look at it.

I don't want to be in the A-10, I love the atmosphere in the CAA even if the A-10 is a better conference. I think the overall competitiveness is much greater in the CAA.

I could easily see Hofstra and Northeastern being a package deal. If Hofstra bolts, then Northeastern being in the CAA really doesn't make any sense.

Back