How are you feeling right now about the team and program?

As to Tiger's last girlfriend, I wouldnt shed any tears for here. She seems to have been in it for the money, and that wife went from Nanny to over 200 million and access to a great deal.
Perhaps, and I certainly don't know Tiger personally, but from what we see it's hard to not draw the conclusion that he's a pretty awful person to his significant others.

If you can't even say it that proves you're pretty mad about it.
AA was talking about two completely different things (1. whether he’s mad about the “ramily“ stuff as you labeled it and 2. that he doesn’t use the term “ramily“). Reading is fundamental.

It doesn't take being at the top to perfectly or even closely befit such a description. Murrica has a people problem, and it's far from getting better. Some people spend many years, their entire careers trying to make things improve, when it turns out most times the only thing they're accomplishing is keeping things from getting dramatically worse.
One of my favorite Peanuts cartoons dates back to 1959. The one where Linus delivers the punch line: " I love mankind. It's PEOPLE I can't stand!!" I kinda think the only thing getting worse is more of us seem to think being the kind of people Linus couldn't stand is a feature, not a bug.

It's darn near impossible to find two Ram fans who will ever agree on every issue involving former coaches. I have close friends who know MR personally and I'd be afraid of drinking beers with them at the same time. But I can say the same for each of the previous coaches all the way back to JD. Personally, I prefer to see all the good in people, so I've steered clear of most of this back-and-forth chatter.

Pretty much every coach had players that caused them to intervene for them with the police. Fortunately, former VCUPD chiefs were big-time fans (one was the cross country coach), so discretion was always an option. These instances gave me some insight into how our past coaches thought/reacted/cared/dealt for their players (and their own future).

I am aware of a meeting with the Final 4 staff, a lawyer, and police about a star player. I won't get into details, but MR was the only coach in the room who didn't "turn his back" on an officer (who had seaon tickets) when he explained he was obligated by law to forward what he knew to the CA office. MR was the standup guy among the three popular coaches. So, I appreciated him.

Now, I hear this story from a friend like AA who I completely trust, and it makes my stomach turn. I also know that MR pretty much said "F the haters" when he left. It sucks to know all this. I just wanted to remember the good for reminiscing and not have to hear all this BS.

If we spend enough time worrying/complaining about the past, we will likely have no coaches left to cheer about in the future. I heard good and bad about pretty much all of them.

Its why I enjoyed the hijacking of the MR thread... to just get back to the excitement of the new coach and players instead.

PLEASE!!! LET'S MOVE ON FROM MR until our emotions can be controlled.

Nope. Not mad either. He is fake. I know so. By the way, I have never in my life said or typed that Ram and Family combo. Not a fan of that word.
And I could give an example of Mike being generous and going out of his way to help those he didn't need to help. I got to know him and he was always genuine, honest, and pleasant.

We all have our own opinions based on our personal experiences. Doesn't make either of us the arbiter of truth as it relates to Mike.

I really appreciate this discussion about Rhoades. I never met him or Wade and it is interesting to see these comments.
I like both on a personal level, and I was able to spend time with them in social settings. Obviously, just based on time at VCU, I got to know Mike more. Other than how Will left, which was bad, I never had an issue with him. No problem with Mike either. Opinions vary and each of us will have our own opinion based on our personal experiences with each.

I like both on a personal level, and I was able to spend time with them in social settings. Obviously, just based on time at VCU, I got to know Mike more. Other than how Will left, which was bad, I never had an issue with him. No problem with Mike either. Opinions vary and each of us will have our own opinion based on our personal experiences with each.
I am not in your's or their social circle. All I know is hearsay. Perhaps my pledge is not large enough. Is that what it takes?

Last edited:
I am not in yours or their social circle. All I know is hearsay. Perhaps my pledge is not large enough. Is that what it takes?
That is not it. MR was anti social. Sure a small group of people broke thru. I knew him the least of any of the coaches since JC. Even when Ed would bring me up to introduce me -it was insulting to talk to someone who disengages midway through your first or 2nd sentence. Perhaps that is why we stopped having any private social events with the upper donors. I knew all the other previous head coaches since JC and thought highly of them. I even have had more conversations with Ryan Odom that I had with MR over 6 years.
I think Penn State is in for a real treat.

Back