How are you feeling right now about the team and program?

I am not in your's or their social circle. All I know is hearsay. Perhaps my pledge is not large enough. Is that what it takes?
That is not it. MR was anti social. Sure a small group of people broke thru. I knew him the least of any of the coaches since JC. Even when Ed would bring me up to introduce me -it was insulting to talk to someone who disengages midway through your first or 2nd sentence. Perhaps that is why we stopped having any private social events with the upper donors. I knew all the other previous head coaches since JC and thought highly of them. I even have had more conversations with Ryan Odom that I had with MR over 6 years.
I think Penn State is in for a real treat.
It’s not about donation level, though that certainly doesn’t hurt. Showing up at events and volunteering to help at some events is where you meet a lot of coaches from various sports. I also happened to bump into Mike in Short Pump over the years.

Mike was never anti-social to me or those I was with when we saw him. He was always very engaged in our conversations. Time and place matter though. For example, when we bumped into he, Jodie and the kids eating dinner, we didn’t bother them. Instead it was a quick hello and that was it.

Just last summer, they did a road show where Mike and a rotating group of the staff hit three locations for a couple of hours each. People showed up at each and at the one in Short Pump, I saw Mike spend time with everyone.

At present I think it is way too early to speculate how competitive or successful the team will be. So much depends on how this basically new team, from top to bottom, will mesh as a team. Chemistry is so essential, and given the fact that so many will expect substantial minutes, a lot will depend on how the various players can accept their situations. We have the potential to have a very good, competitive team and we also have the potential to struggle as the players attempt to achieve their best potential. We certainly appear to have the size and athleticism to be a top notch team but time will tell. I hope Odom is up to the task of getting all he can get out of the players. It’s going to be an interesting up-coming season to say the least.Go Rams!!!

That is not it. MR was anti social. Sure a small group of people broke thru. I knew him the least of any of the coaches since JC. Even when Ed would bring me up to introduce me -it was insulting to talk to someone who disengages midway through your first or 2nd sentence. Perhaps that is why we stopped having any private social events with the upper donors. I knew all the other previous head coaches since JC and thought highly of them. I even have had more conversations with Ryan Odom that I had with MR over 6 years.
I think Penn State is in for a real treat.
I didnt care for AG as a person. To me he was off putting and a bit pompous. I thought Wade was a tool. JC I liked, Shaka I loved, and Mike was standoffish, I think I really liked engaging with his Mom and Sister prior to his becoming HC. I found them to be good people.

I agree, everyones personal experience is different and we all wont love or like all people. .

Point me to the recruits that we would have gotten before but didn't get now because of NIL? Show me the games we lost because of NIL?
scarecrow-wizard-of-oz.gif

I saw MR kick a puppy once and when I asked him why he did it he said "we just gotta fight like crazy" and then "we gotta stop fighting the game"
and you immeiately felt like taking a nap after hearing him speak.

Back