Recruiting Jayden Reid

WOW...JUST WOW

“I was committed to VCU, but then coach (Mike) Rhoades went to Penn State,” Reid said. “I was actually going to make the commitment public at GEICO Nationals, but then it happened. So here I am.”
"

Also, new VCU coach Ryan Odom and his staff have begun to reach out more, plus Seattle, Rhode Island and SMU have upped their interest in Reid.

“My goal is to play these two sessions and see what schools I have offers from,” Reid said. “I have three official visits left, so I’ll probably take those and make a decision after that.”

Reid said he doesn’t feel the pressure to beat another prospect to an offer, despite coaches’ friendly reminders that recruiting is a business.

“They tell you straight up now,” Reid said. “For me, I’m not letting anyone rush me into a decision. I have to do my due diligence because it’s more than basketball for me. It’s not an ideal situation because most of the guys in my position are committed, but I’ve always had to work for what I get so I’m just having fun playing the game I love.”

Sounds like we still have a shot at adding him..

WOW...JUST WOW

“I was committed to VCU, but then coach (Mike) Rhoades went to Penn State,” Reid said. “I was actually going to make the commitment public at GEICO Nationals, but then it happened. So here I am.”
"

Also, new VCU coach Ryan Odom and his staff have begun to reach out more, plus Seattle, Rhode Island and SMU have upped their interest in Reid.

“My goal is to play these two sessions and see what schools I have offers from,” Reid said. “I have three official visits left, so I’ll probably take those and make a decision after that.”

Reid said he doesn’t feel the pressure to beat another prospect to an offer, despite coaches’ friendly reminders that recruiting is a business.

“They tell you straight up now,” Reid said. “For me, I’m not letting anyone rush me into a decision. I have to do my due diligence because it’s more than basketball for me. It’s not an ideal situation because most of the guys in my position are committed, but I’ve always had to work for what I get so I’m just having fun playing the game I love.”

Sounds like we still have a shot at adding him..

So basically Rhoades already had his Ace replacement verbally committed, in the form of a top-150 PG. Interesting. No one can say the guy can't recruit.

About 45 min from USF here. Perhaps I go to a game and wear my VCU gear while his team loses all year long.

Back