New VCU themed bar to open on Broad St

Really? I thought the location was in the old Pig and Pearl was located and I always thought it was a little east of the Children's museum. I don't think it is a long walk even from Scott's Addition. I was talking more about convenience on a weekday for a game. Y'all are really coming at me for my long walk comment. Ha! I walked the entire Freedom Trail in Boston one day. I like to walk and hike.

I will support this place by the way.
It’s the old Pies and Pints.

Really? I thought the location was in the old Pig and Pearl was located and I always thought it was a little east of the Children's museum. I don't think it is a long walk even from Scott's Addition. I was talking more about convenience on a weekday for a game. Y'all are really coming at me for my long walk comment. Ha! I walked the entire Freedom Trail in Boston one day. I like to walk and hike.

I will support this place by the way.
My first reaction was like yours, then I thought about it and realized another five minutes walk might be worth it. ( we shall see). Anyway, I drove by and literally it is about 1 1/2 blocks past The Camel. It is just across from the Whole Foods Terrace. Also, I selfishly forget about folks who actually work for a living and how time is more important!!! Keep working, I will always hold you a seat.

Those of us who lived at Treehouse “campus” housing in the 90s just held Everclear and kool-aide parties on those nights.
ha...I remember walking to Treehouse from campus in a snow storm (6"+) to 'see a man about a horse'...ok...it was to buy pot. I guess I can say that now they've taken away the 'cool' factor and made it legal (mostly).

ha...I remember walking to Treehouse from campus in a snow storm (6"+) to 'see a man about a horse'...ok...it was to buy pot. I guess I can say that now they've taken away the 'cool' factor and made it legal (mostly).
Holy crap. You must have REALLY wanted that pot. It's a haul by foot even without the snow. Walking six miles in the snow really doesn't seem worth it to me but, then again, I don't like pot.

Holy crap. You must have REALLY wanted that pot. It's a haul by foot even without the snow. Walking six miles in the snow really doesn't seem worth it to me but, then again, I don't like pot.
hahaha...young and dumb and up for an adventure.

It's 1 1/2 blocks west of The Camel. It's a hiike from Broad Street Parking Deck, but a few extra minutes if a good place isn't so bad.
Block and a 1/2 isn't a big deal as long as it's not raining.

Raining always detours me to The Commonwealth Room, snow is ok. I do think a vcu shuttle or two would be a strategic move. “But three drink tickets and get a free shuttle ticket”

Don't remember that but could've walked by it. There used to be some pizza spot between Shafer and Laurel around there too that I'd go to with friends after French class. Got torn down around 2011/2012. High fived Shaka on that sidewalk after the first game in 2010
That was Sahara's Hooka Bar. I used their elevated patio for my command center on nights that Hyperlink was out of control. Took VCU forever to get the bldg owners to sell...they ran a club out of there before Sahara's.

It was Burger King before that...with an arcade.

Jerry's Pizza before that. Jerry moved to AC Boardwalk.

That was Sahara's Hooka Bar. I used their elevated patio for my command center on nights that Hyperlink was out of control. Took VCU forever to get the bldg owners to sell...they ran a club out of there before Sahara's.

Jerry's was awesome.

Burger King and Jerry's existed side by side. We also had Subway ( not the chain)

About the longer walk, today as I drove past where the new bar will be I noticed all the VCU students walking back to campus from Whole Foods ... which is across the street from the location of the newly planned bar.

Burger King and Jerry's existed side by side. We also had Subway ( not the chain)

About the longer walk, today as I drove past where the new bar will be I noticed all the VCU students walking back to campus from Whole Foods ... which is across the street from the location of the newly planned bar.
Subway was the best for a cheap pitcher of beer. I recall many a late night stagger back to my Johnson Hall dorm room my freshman year.

Saharas was so sketch. We used to go there in high school lol. VCU wanted that place more than just about anything.

Reached out to those folks to see if they needed help with merch/memorabilia to VCU that place up. They said definitely. I might make a donation or three, see what I have that I could add to their collection, but if anyone else wants to pitch in, I'm sure they are down.

They should consider setting up NIL deals with some players like Home Team did last year.

Back