OT: Other conference tournaments

Which has had me wondering while watching the scores and the number of "upsets", are some of the higher seed teams giving up because they don't care about conference championships anymore? They know they are going to the NCAA, and I am not sure that conference championships mean much to them anymore in the NIL/Portal era.
I don’t think so. A lot of those teams still needed to win their tournaments. And some of the ones that didn’t need to win hurt their seeding. I’m sure Tennessee and Arizona wanted #1 seeds. Now, neither will get one.

Brown is absolutely demolishing Princeton, a team that received AP poll votes on multiple occasions this season

Houston has 23 points in a half. Heck VCU, under Coach Odom, could win the NC. Never know.

I don't know if we up 15 but I damns sure remember a double digit first half lead/

Iowa State obliterates Houston to win the Big 12 tournament. Hason Ward had 13 points.

Wow, NC State really hadn't won an ACC tourney in 37 years? I know Duke and UNC have dominated over the years, but still.

NC State has had some good teams and players over that time.

Back