Real Time RPI

Rambunctious said:
As of today we are at 13 in the realtimerpi...down 5 spots after beating ECU...this should give you some indication of what beating the bottom of the CAA is going to do to our RPI..

Keep in mind last year at the Christmas break our RPI was around 64, we ended at 52. Not sure if that's an anomaly or the norm, but something to consider before we start expecting the sky to fall.

Good point about last year. I guess it's unrealistic to expect to stay in the top 10 of the RPI given the league we are in, but as long as we win we should still be in good shape. It would be interesting to see if the NCAA would take 3 from the CAA if ODU, VCU and William are all in the mix (with one winning the autobid most likely).

2006:

Hofstra got the shaft in '06 (RPI in the 20's, beat Mason both times head-to-head during the season and didnt get in).

2007:

Drexel was the biggest snub of '07 (#5 SOS in the nation, #5 OOC RPI, most road wins in the nation at Villanova, at Creighton, at Syracuse, at Temple, at St. Joes, and at Vermont).

The Selection Committee simply couldn't allow 3 CAA teams to get into the tournament despite both years having worthy candidates. I think we definitely have shown as a conference that we should get an at-large, but 2 isn't happening if history is any indication. The Selection Committee will shaft the CAA yet again if it comes down to it.

districtballer said:
2006:

Hofstra got the shaft in '06 (RPI in the 20's, beat Mason both times head-to-head during the season and didnt get in).

2007:

Drexel was the biggest snub of '07 (#5 SOS in the nation, #5 OOC RPI, most road wins in the nation at Villanova, at Creighton, at Syracuse, at Temple, at St. Joes, and at Vermont).

The Selection Committee simply couldn't allow 3 CAA teams to get into the tournament despite both years having worthy candidates. I think we definitely have shown as a conference that we should get an at-large, but 2 isn't happening if history is any indication. The Selection Committee will shaft the CAA yet again if it comes down to it.
this is why I say F the at large, take care of business and cut down the nets in March. I don't want to give the committee any reason to shaft us.

The CAA has never had three teams in this position coming out of OOC before. Three teams from the CAA is a possibility. The Missouri Valley has done it, there is no reason we cannot if the numbers are there, i.e. at least two teams in the top 40 RPI and one tournament champion. Of course all three teams must take care of business in the CAA to make this happen. Also, note that we now have in conference teams (some) that will not be such a drag on our RPI when we play them.

We have several teams that have significant OOC wins this year, more so than any other year and, as a result, more credit should be give to our in-Conference results. More quality teams, night in and night out.

Man, wish we had pulled that one out down in Williamsburg.

VRam said:
Man, wish we had pulled that one out down in Williamsburg.

Ugh, who had any idea that could have been our biggest win out of our first 10 games this season. The good news is that we get another shot at them in a couple of weeks. They are currently #5 on Real Time RPI.

as banana would say...just win. Forget the all the crazy RPI and keep winning games. If we do that it will all work out at the end of the season.

Free- fall'n...down to 18. ODU at 31 and W&M still at 5.

A couple of big games tomorrow. ODU at GMU. GMU is normally tough at home so it will be interesting to see how that game goes. My guess is that ODU blows them out.

William and Mary at Hofstra. Jenkins is tough and Bill and Mary have eeked out some close ones lately (minus that big Vassar win). This could be a tough game for them against one of the better CAA teams.

Back