RIP Debbie Owens

We knew eachother from so far back, it’s hard to remember when we first met. She always had a smile and a kind word no matter where or what was going on. When our daughter was in a coma and Anthem was being difficult, she helped me sort through all of that. That was 1995 and we had known eachother long before then. We were in Hawaii together for a tournament long ago. Her brother was one of Dennis’ students at VCU. So many connections. Such a sad, sad loss. Cancer is a vicious enemy. It does not respect the sheer goodness of people like Debbie. Even going through all she was, she and Steve came to say goodby to Dennis. She is at peace now. Rest well my friend.

According to Debbie's brother on Facebook, there will be a celebration of life on Saturday, February 10th at 3pm at New Bridge Baptist Church, 5701 Elko Rd in Sandston.
I’ll have to head that way after the VCU WBB game that day.

Also…. Why no mention at the VCU game tonight of hers or Mooch’s passing

A mystery. Especially considering Debbie was a longtime fan and donor. Certainly not Eugene Hunt level but enough to deserve a mention.
Very confusing since Ed himself did a shout out after we won at Davidson. Maybe it’s just me but I think any major fan who has been a big part of this program should be honored. It’s not like we lose die hard fans every day.

Very confusing since Ed himself did a shout out after we won at Davidson. Maybe it’s just me but I think any major fan who has been a big part of this program should be honored. It’s not like we lose die hard fans every day.
Would seem appropriate to post something on the scoreboard at halftime or before the game. Not in a creepy Hunger Games way, but a tribute and thank you.

Back