so how about we make use of those caazone boards...

I feel increasingly that our board is being overrun with intelligent people. While I acknowledge there are a few guys who come on here with non-legitimate basketball questions, there are several who come just to give us inside information and help our posters. I checked out the boards that caazone runs, it's a terrible site and one we should be happy to call GMU's and ODU's. I'd like to motion that those of us (VCU fans) who would like to just talk about nothing important and drastically increase the troll element to use those boards. VCUramnation will always be here, but it's getting a bit much for me. Just my opinion. The guys at caazone do AWESOME work for us, no one in the CAA can boast anything like what we have going over there. We should act like idiots accordingly.

a tribute to DB...

Win%20button.jpg

seriously though, caazone is done, on the vcu boards they are posting MLB links. Its a completely waste of time to even type caazone.com and hit enter.

What I don't get is how it all happened. I mean there has been more negativity over the last year but in just the span of one month it has just gone all to heck. Don't the admins even care about it over there?

I mean the board has had it's problems...going down (unable to log on) a number of times this past year. I don't know if that was an actually error or the direct result of admin action.

And do those idiots really think we are all just going to go running back come the season? Sure I may look at some of the boards regarding their team, etc. but I'll be damned if I'm going to start posting on the VCU forum when I have RamNation to post on.

And some of the idiot posters seem to be newbies while others are veterans...and they are mostly GMU and ODU posters. Talk about jealousy.

Everyone over there is betting that all the VCU posters will grow weary of this "lovefest" and return to CAAZone by the beginning of next season for some "real" exchange of ideas. Poppycock! If they think the drivel that MasonCAA, Razor Ramon, Heywood Jablomi, T-Mac, Boondocks, TweederGMU ad infinitum dish out by the trainful is insightful, informative, collegial or even humorous, they are sadly mistaken. There is more information and exchange of ideas over here. I would hardly call it a lovefest.

I blame the moderators and the administrators for letting these trolls take over their boards. The only difference between Razor Ramon and a Somali pirate is that Ramon probably doesn't have a boat.

I went over to the VCU Zone board earlier to see in just how much disrepair the board has become. SWEET BABY JESUS, you would have thought you were in the GMU boards. There were more Mason and ODU guys over there then there were Rams. And I'm all for healthy competition and I can take my fair amount of busted chops. Being a Cowboys die-hard and a Bulls fan, it comes with the territory. But good Lord, that site has become ridiculous now.

ViCtorioUs said:
I blame the moderators and the administrators for letting these trolls take over their boards.

Like Pav said the other day Admin has done nothing over lately to prevent so much pissing and invasion. But remember it is run by Mason alumni so I doubt many are surprised. The Admin didn't seem exactly upset that their people invaded our board. Also since when did Samdamn er Samnang become a character from the Military Channel? He posted occasionally up until a few months ago and suddenly he's all over the place on his power trip. Thank god we got to Ramnation when we had the chance.

*CAA Trolls attempt to break the forcefield around Ramnation but get thrown right back to the Zone and crash into Samdamn on his rainbow decorated throne*

Close call :lol:

ViCtorioUs said:
I blame the moderators and the administrators for letting these trolls take over their boards. The only difference between Razor Ramon and a Somali pirate is that Ramon probably doesn't have a boat.

fwiw, i have done everything within my power to prevent it, unfortunately, i don't have the power to ban them from the board..

Don't throw all the admins and mods under the bus. Even ZA and ZM have day jobs, and can't be on the zone 24/7 to fix the problems created by the trolls. The only one I blame them for is Jollay/Samnang/ArcticBear etc. who they seem to have given free reign (but he's been there since before me, and sometimes his antics are cute).

I think it more stems from a lack of personal responsibility caused by the anonymous nature of some posters. They flame and bring nothing to the table, but don't care because who's going to come after "Heywood Jablomi." A guy who's never bothered to introduce himself except to say he wrestled at some point and lives near Philly. I'm not about to knock on the door of every ex-wrestler in Philly just to hold him accountable.

On the other hand, everybody knows who Rambunctious Rowdy is, we talked to him, and now he is a productive posters.

I can think of only two VCU posters who ever cared about maintaining their anonymity, but both of them provide good information and don't troll.

Back