The 2024 Offseason Thread

What unsavory sites did you have to use? An ESPN+ subscription and a standard cable TV or live streaming plan took care of pretty much all of the games this year. I mean, it’d be great to have a larger amount of money from a conference TV contract, but in terms of watchability if you’re out of market, we did pretty well this year.
I’m not a cord cutter and probably pay way to much but every game was available with the push of the button on the remote

And I really enjoy syncing the Radio broadcast with the TV. Don’t know how many do that but it is such a game changer for me.

Yes ESPN+ couldn't think of a better word sorry. My ESPN+ took forever to load and would Lag/freeze. (Yes i have best internet Spectrum offers)
My Spectrum subcription does not include ESPNU/CBSsports.
It is just a wishlist to NCAAsanta - I can dream! :D
Are you accessing ESPN+ through Spectrum? If so, I’d say grab a Roku and see if that helps. Streaming sites tend to be a little janky when accessed through a cable provider. Sucks that you didn’t get ESPNU and CBS Sportsnet. I’d consider using that Roku to switch to a Hulu /w Live TV or YouTube TV. The Hulu /w Live TV top end package includes ESPN+ and Disney+, as well as all of the ESPN channels and CBS Sportsnet.

At a minimum NCAA, NIT, CBI, CTI is 4. There are less than 400 D1 teams so slightly more than 1%. There are some conferences where not every team gets to play in their conference tournament and a non-qualifier could win their last game of the season so there could be the 4 plus a few.

I get your point though.
I forgot about the cit, good catch

Dang I wasn't wanting this to end, wanted one more game and I would be making the 110 mile trip to Indy to watch the RAMS in the semis (and finals). Well not to be this year.
Will be an interesting off season. Hopefully we won't be involved in the coaching musical chairs this year, we'll see about players. Hopefully a good core of our players are back too.
Love my RAMS!

Yes ESPN+ couldn't think of a better word sorry. My ESPN+ took forever to load and would Lag/freeze. (Yes i have best internet Spectrum offers)
I upgrade my Spectrum subscription just for basketball season just to get CBSsports and a few others then switch back down. They are always really nice about the switching. I mention I have to watch VCU basketball and here in Dayton they just look kind of puzzled, but they are very nice.
I will miss Spectrum when I move back to Maryland and have to deal with Comcast. That's a VERY good reason to drop cable.

The only good thing about VCU hoops offseason is that is means it is baseball season!
And the Ram9 are playing fairly well. Better than last year I’d say. We should have a Board meet up at one of the games and support them.

It sounds like you are getting on those unsavory websites just for fun then.

Need a true PG and just an Arn Anderson style enforcer in the middle. I'm excited for next season already.
I also think we need a Ric Flair, "to be the man, you have to beat the man" type of alpha, #1 dude. We have too many SD Jones types on this team. Will usually put up a valiant effort but ultimately will get pinned in the end.

Sorry to the non wrestling folks who don't get any of this. Google it. :D

I also think we need a Ric Flair, "to be the man, you have to beat the man" type of alpha, #1 dude. We have too many SD Jones types on this team. Will usually put up a valiant effort but ultimately will get pinned in the end.

Sorry to the non wrestling folks who don't get any of this. Google it. :D

Been saying this all year.... and I think that was a huge part of our issue over the course of the season.

Whose team was it? Was it Max's? Was it Zeb's? Was it Sean's? Was it someone elses?

You coulda made the case it shoulda been Zeb's, as he was on the team last year, and of the guys that remained from last years squad... he was the only upper classmen & the only one who played significant minutes last year.

You coulda made the case it was Max or Sean because they have played under Odom for the previous 2 seasons at Utah State, they know his system & such. Though it woulda been tough to see it as Sean, where he didn't play the first 10-ish games of the season..... Then again, Briante Weber got hurt his senior year.... and despite not playing... he was still acting as a leader / alpha on the sidelines.

Personally, I don't see that alpha mentality consistently in any of our current players.

Then again, Briante Weber got hurt his senior year.... and despite not playing... he was still acting as a leader / alpha on the sidelines.
True, but Weber had been contributing on the team for three years before getting hurt. No one on the team this past season was a Ram three seasons before and most of the four returning players didn't contribute the year before. Finding a leader may be a bit of a problem at times in this portal world. Sometimes you get an alpha that just takes charge, but sometimes you don't. I really thought Zeb would be the leader this year. Max doesn't seem like the type. Maybe Sean would have been if he wasn't hurt so much.

Back