The Official Beat the South Florida Bulls in Tampa in the NIT Thread

There's a vast difference between supporting and damaging the team we enjoy watching. Posting on a fan forum referring to someone who is not an idiot as an idiot exceeds being emotional. Tobi is an MVP of this team, actually exceeds that. He in no way is due such a post, nothing he does ingame should subject him to a post like that. Thus, it is offensive seeing stuff like that. And the person you're calling delusional here in every way exceeds an average fan, going to the lengths most wouldn't even begin to consider, and does not use the forum here as an emotional outlet. Programs exist because of fans like them, and they set apart mere sports programs from ones you can actually call a family. I'm not in any way surprised when seeing them calling out posts, and defending this program and its lifeblood from "emotional" posters. There's a gigantic difference between me and you saying what we will, and writing that same stuff on a public forum.
I hear what you are saying but still disagree...just because fans show emotion different than you doesn't make then any less of a fan than you are anyone else. I have been around for awhile. I also think you and @vcumad are taking my post way out of proportion. Saying "Oh Tobi you idiot" for making a dumb foul in a crucial moment of the game is quite honestly mild. You can view that however you want...I have emotion...I express it a certain way. Just because I use the forum as an emotional outlet (WAY LESS than others on here do) and in a way that may not be to your liking doesn't mean I don't bleed the same colors as you do. You don't know a single thing about me or my fandom and how deep it runs...so stop trying to act mightier than thou.

While your body can reach a homeostatic state at a new elevation within a few days, people who stay at high altitude demonstrate increases in red blood cells, hemoglobin, and hematocrit for up to 8-9 months suggesting your body takes much longer to optimally adapt. My oxygen saturation always sat at 98-100% in Virginia but remained in the low/mid 90s for about 15 months after moving to Denver.

The most notable difference IMO is dehydration. I have to drink like 2x as much water to stay hydrated out here. Also the ball travels faster here due to decreased air density, which Utah players will be well-attuned to.

OTOH, the initial rapid changes in RBCs and hemoglobin concentration will persist for weeks to months so the rams get a legal (but mild) form of blood doping before the semis.

Odom is smart and he's been preparing for this situation. Sources indicate that he's had the team banking blood all season. I'm sure all players are receiving packed RBCs as we speak. While other coaches waste their time on checkers, Ryan Odom has been playing chess.

I hear what you are saying but still disagree...just because fans show emotion different than you doesn't make then any less of a fan than you are anyone else. I have been around for awhile. I also think you and @vcumad are taking my post way out of proportion. Saying "Oh Tobi you idiot" for making a dumb foul in a crucial moment of the game is quite honestly mild. You can view that however you want...I have emotion...I express it a certain way. Just because I use the forum as an emotional outlet (WAY LESS than others on here do) and in a way that may not be to your liking doesn't mean I don't bleed the same colors as you do. You don't know a single thing about me or my fandom and how deep it runs...so stop trying to act mightier than thou.
There's at least one player most here would love to have not lost who left due to loose online lips.
Behave yourself.

Exactly. I learned very early in my time out there that if you don't drink lots of water your head will be hurting in short order. And yes, everything in the air travels further there. It's going to be a significant adjustment for our shooters. Heck, I'm 5-8 and 175 dripping wet and my average 3 wood out there was 295. Took a bit of time to adjust to my wedge going 155 as well.
I hear ya. I was on the board of a company that held one of our quarterly meetings in Colorado Springs at The Broadmoor. Played golf there after our first day and kept hitting into the group in front of us for the first few holes. Felt like I was Tiger Woods😁

I hear ya. I was on the board of a company that held one of our quarterly meetings in Colorado Springs at The Broadmoor. Played golf there after our first day and kept hitting into the group in front of us for the first few holes. Felt like I was Tiger Woods😁
LOL. That brings up a memory of me hitting into a group on the green of a 360 yard par 4. They were ticked until they realized I was still standing on the tee box.

Odom is smart and he's been preparing for this situation. Sources indicate that he's had the team banking blood all season. I'm sure all players are receiving packed RBCs as we speak. While other coaches waste their time on checkers, Ryan Odom has been playing chess.
hlj.gif

That's ONE, one unit of packed red blood cells....
TWO! TWO units of packed red blood cells.....

They look too happy for losing.
They weren’t happy losing.

However, given their past history, they were happy to be a part of what they expect to be a renaissance of their program. The fans I was sitting with felt the same.

I think that was one of the reasons they packed the NIT game.

They won 25 games against 8 losses. 16-2 in conference. 25 represent the most wins ver for that program and the 8 losses are the leas amount of losses when they had a twenty game season. Yes they’ve been to the Dance 3-4 times but this is their best season with regards to wins, and win percentage. This on a program that has an overall losing record.

So, yes they were happy but not because of losing to us. Heck they respected us. They were happy because they believe they have turned the tide.

Totally forgot Odom was the front runner for the South Florida job before Ed reached out and told him to hold on before accepting since he expected Rhoades to leave.
I think both schools benefited. Their HC totally has turned that dumpster fire of a program around. Ed looks as if he has finally hit his stride here as well.

Somme people questioned why there was a NIT and questioned its value. Well just like that CBIT Shaka’s first year, it helps both the players and the HC. They are getting in extra practices, running extra skill drills with the coaches, and they are playing games with different combinations of players.

Fats may transfer, but at least due to the NIT he can or should be able to see why he had to sit once our season was in the do or die mode. He has to do more than just hit jump shots, and he has to cut his celebrations short. When the shot is falling and we are rolling he’s all good. When his shot isn’t falling and we need something more, what can he give?

Maybe more talented a shooter than anyone not named Shulga but the other guys add so much more. The NIT gave Fats and his people the opportunity to see that. Plus they got the opportunity to see if he is contributing in a meaningful way, Odom would play him.

Same for Fermin. He needed Sunday’s game as a confidence boost. Was he perfect nope, #3 rip a ball away and scored on him an he was abut 7 inches shorter. However, he answered the bell down the stretch and helped us secure a win.

Zeb, has been hitting shots of late. The NIT is a continuation of that. He might come back as he can see if he can hit shots and cointnue to step his D, he has a shot at the NBA.

Again, both schools benefited from Odom’s decision to come to VCU v USF and we both benefited from playing in the NIT

Some games you can tell early that it’s not Max’s night, been a weird thing to see during the season.
Up with Max having an awful half I’ll take it.
IMO Max does not seem to want to play anymore. His mind is definitely someplace else. Not sure why but his body language tells me he is just going through the motions. Got to be a reason. The other guys are into it and that is what makes the games compelling.

IMO Max does not seem to want to play anymore. His mind is definitely someplace else. Not sure why but his body language tells me he is just going through the motions. Got to be a reason. The other guys are into it and that is what makes the games compelling.
Max has been suffering from back spasms frequently this season. Those don't just go away. He needs a full offseason to recover.

Yep. Could be ready to call it a college career, could be family/home stuff, could be life after school is looming large (I was, uh, not a high level athlete my last semester but I did my share of anxious sleepwalking through class and work). Could be none of the above. But I agree his mind seems elsewhere.

Probably anymore than anyone on the team, Max gets a pass from me. I was really glad to see RO reduce his time the other night and state that he did so just because he didn’t have it. Back spasms (been there), shoulder problems (been there) and a family in the middle of a war torn country. He certainly needs to be better if he is going to play but I understand why he may not be laser focused

Probably anymore than anyone on the team, Max gets a pass from me. I was really glad to see RO reduce his time the other night and state that he did so just because he didn’t have it. Back spasms (been there), shoulder problems (been there) and a family in the middle of a war torn country. He certainly needs to be better if he is going to play but I understand why he may not be laser focused
Maybe he had the same thing Tobi did a week or so again when he was throwing up on the sideline

Back