The Official Beat the Villanova Wildcats in Philly in the NIT Thread

Huh? Melvin surpasses Cheeks in my eyes. Melvin has VCU's all-time record for 3s and he made the NCAA Tournament every single season at VCU.

Also this...

CAREER VCU SCORING RECORDS
Rk. Player, Years Pts
1. Eric Maynor (2005-2009) 1,953
2. Treveon Graham (2011-15) 1,882
3. Kendrick Warren, (1990-94) 1,858
4. Charles Wilkins, (1968-71) 1,716
5. Bradford Burgess (2008-12) 1,684
6. Melvin Johnson (2012-16) 1,657
7. Phil Stinnie, (1984-88) 1,645
8. Calvin Duncan, (1981-85) 1,630
9. Domonic Jones, (2000-04) 1,616
10. Jesse Dark, (1970-74) 1,584
RPI/VCU Record: Len Creech, (64-67, 69) 2,019

Eric Maynor's record seems REALLY safe right about now. Probably true for many schools....

OK, we have the Kenny Harris game against USF and the Michael Doles game against UNCW, could we call the game against VT in the coliseum the Melvin Johnson game? Do you think it’s worthy?

OK, we have the Kenny Harris game against USF and the Michael Doles game against UNCW, could we call the game against VT in the coliseum the Melvin Johnson game? Do you think it’s worthy?
Absolutely. He put on a clinic that game. After about the first 2 minutes, the Hokie fans sitting next to us stopped their trash talking haha.

Yeah, I had completely forgotten he was only here for two years. Imagine if he'd been here for four.
Yep, Chris was All-Met at Wilson HS in DC….a historical doormat, but very competitive the years he played. We were the same class and one of my friends/teammates was similarly talented, so I saw a lot of Chris in summer leagues with a perfect view from the bench. If he had been eligible out of HS, he likely would have gone to GU or another Big East school (when that meant something). He ended up at a JC in Texas for a couple years before coming to VCU…we were fortunate to get him for two years. He was also a tough defender and strong on the boards for a guard….his jersey would be in the rafters if he had played four for us.

He needs to come to Mechanicsville, we have more Mexican restaurants and pizza joints per square mile than any other area of the country. If you want high dining, this is the place.
$9.99 one topping large pizza on Thursday nights at Franco’s and Mexico out back on the patio are our favorites. 😁

$9.99 one topping large pizza on Thursday nights at Franco’s and Mexico out back on the patio are our favorites. 😁
Tuesday date night at Giambanco's is a pretty good deal, too. More than enough food for two people. I think it's $30, and we have enough leftovers for at least three more meals.

Just announced........ Mechanicsville is getting, wait for it.......... Qdoba!!!! Another Mexican restuarant.... yippee!!!:roll:

Qdoba is about as Mexican as Domino's is Italian. :lol:
Well to be blunt, is any Mexican restaurant in this area truly Mexican? After traveling to and eating at various Mexican establishments (independents, not chains) in San Antonio, Austin and Houston, the restaurants in the area that call themselves Mexican should be ashamed. Therefore, you are correct. I know this is not basketball conversation, but it is Monday.

Well to be blunt, is any Mexican restaurant in this area truly Mexican? After traveling to and eating at various Mexican establishments (independents, not chains) in San Antonio, Austin and Houston, the restaurants in the area that call themselves Mexican should be ashamed. Therefore, you are correct. I know this is not basketball conversation, but it is Monday.
El Chido, Abuelita's, La Cabaña, and a host of spots on Jeff Davis.

Back