The Official Squish the Richmond Spiders in the Stu Thread

Nelson played 37 minutes on Saturday and he made some big foul shots to secure the win. I find it funny that UR fans think they upgraded at guard since Nelson left to go to their rival. Nelson is only a redshirt sophomore while their new guards are seniors. One is a 5th year senior. They had their longest winning streak since 1935 broken and they really do not have a NCAA at-large profile. Funny stuff.
JNel didn’t need to score a lot of points to contribute to a Ram victory. He played pesky defense, protected the ball and facilitated the offense. All of which we desperately needed…and he made his free throws down the stretch.

JNel didn’t need to score a lot of points to contribute to a Ram victory. He played pesky defense, protected the ball and facilitated the offense. All of which we desperately needed…and he made his free throws down the stretch.
I can't stress enough how disturbing it was to have those conceited aholes behind us shouting mess about him during this already stressful game during what I can only describe as an overly stressful day and Kat and I for a couple of reasons, well, a few. Rewatching this game totally confirmed what I had been noticing out there and everyone around us knows how loud I was shouting LETS GO JAYNEL not only for our sake, but for Jason's sake. Pretty sure his family was sitting very nearby, too. Regardless of animosity towards a former player who made a historic crosstown jump like he did, he didn't deserve that kind of verbal abuse. He had his reasons and I sincerely doubt it was purely about moving up as many of them might imagine- they all do when they move on. And we're not privy to the reasons/rationale behind their decisions, nor should we be. Regardless of made shots, he was out there giving his all for the team he's repping, which every team wishes they could get. And he was playing HUGE minutes, career minutes.

And he led his team to victory.

That deserves respect. Not what everyone who heard it could describe as less than juvenile trash-slinging everyone could hear, including his family.
I'll never forget it all. Never.
The victory Saturday for Kat and I was about more than us vs the Spiders.
To boot, it was about pride in this ram team FINALLY serving up those dorks behind us on a silver platter a big, steaming dish of shut the F UP.

426141927_24683855424594887_6008406533805097667_n.jpg

426106970_24683855337928229_4927206364651067750_n.jpg

Why is that?
Because you never know which side of the issue you may find yourself and your clients deserve good counsel regardless of if you like them or their issue.

Plus if you know or have an idea how your opponent will argue then you have a better defense

Nelson played 37 minutes on Saturday and he made some big foul shots to secure the win. I find it funny that UR fans think they upgraded at guard since Nelson left to go to their rival. Nelson is only a redshirt sophomore while their new guards are seniors. One is a 5th year senior. They had their longest winning streak since 1935 broken and they really do not have a NCAA at-large profile. Funny stuff.

UR upgraded tremendously on the King-Nelson “transaction;” probably the single biggest reason for UR’s revival/ascension. King is a serious A-10 POY candidate. The statistical (and impact) “gulf” between the two is frightening.

Our staff got schooled on that one……and, quite frankly, on the whole Richmond HS Reunion thing.

UR (and many of our A-10 brethren) will now likely live in the portal annually and grab accomplished 3rd, 4th, and 5th yr kids to plug roster gaps and address shortcomings.

UR upgraded tremendously on the King-Nelson “transaction;” probably the single biggest reason for UR’s revival/ascension. King is a serious A-10 POY candidate. The statistical (and impact) “gulf” between the two is frightening.

Our staff got schooled on that one……and, quite frankly, on the whole Richmond HS Reunion thing.

UR (and many of our A-10 brethren) will now likely live in the portal annually and grab accomplished 3rd, 4th, and 5th yr kids to plug roster gaps and address shortcomings.
They upgraded but my point is that King is there for one season.

Back