The Offseason

Odom announced part of his staff of asst coaches at his introduction. There was no 30 day wait nor even any posted position.

Odom did not officially announce his staff at his introduction. They were formally announced April 19th. That was 20 days after he was named head coach. The waiting period may not be 30 days now, but the positions had to be posted for a certain period of time before they could be filled. That's State law.

My guess is the staff positions were posted as soon as Mike Rhoades' staff resigned. Below is a link to State hiring requirements.

Odom did not officially announce his staff at his introduction. They were formally announced April 19th. That was 20 days after he was named head coach. The waiting period may not be 30 days now, but the positions had to be posted for a certain period of time before they could be filled. That's State law.

My guess is the staff positions were posted as soon as Mike Rhoades' staff resigned. Below is a link to State hiring requirements.

There are available mechanisms for shortening postings, as are often used in these situations.

You know when I see the thread title I'm thinking it's a name of a band e.g. The Weekend, The 1975.

I agree on this whole heartedly..... but a lot of time what gets the call on the defender (on top of the offensive player driving into them).... is when the defender goes up to try & block.... they don't just go straight up and they stick their arm out trying to block/alter a shot instead of just jumping straight up with their arms pointing upwards, like they're going for a volleyball block.

If a defender is leaning one way or the other, or their hands/arms are not perfectly straight up... the defender will get called for the foul every time unfortunately. The offensive player is given way more of an advantage than the defender.
Agree with one exception, have you ever tried holding your hands straight up when someone drives their shoulder into your chest with some force? It doesn't work. The hands come down. I think the key is who is initiating the contact. At one time, maybe a few years ago, a point of emphasis was not rewarding an offensive player for initiating contact. That has quickly been forgotten.

Agree with one exception, have you ever tried holding your hands straight up when someone drives their shoulder into your chest with some force? It doesn't work. The hands come down. I think the key is who is initiating the contact. At one time, maybe a few years ago, a point of emphasis was not rewarding an offensive player for initiating contact. That has quickly been forgotten.

You're right... but that's when it comes down to the point of which something becomes a foul. Just because contact is made by the offense or defense doesn't make it a foul. If that was the case, it'd be a nonstop whistle fest.

So for example.... in your situation.... lets say you're the offensive player I'm the defensive player. If I'm standing straight up with my hands straight up... I'm in a legal guarding position. If you drive your shoulder into my chest in that position... thats an offensive foul all day every day. Or at least it should be.... my hands falling after that because I got the wind knocked out of me aint my fault.

However, if I'm standing up, but say my arms are at an angle and you jump up into my arms, thus your shot getting altered..... despite the fact I hold my ground and don't initiate the contact.... that's where the defenders are getting screwed.

Fv75gOmaAAAwDHO

You're right... but that's when it comes down to the point of which something becomes a foul. Just because contact is made by the offense or defense doesn't make it a foul. If that was the case, it'd be a nonstop whistle fest.

So for example.... in your situation.... lets say you're the offensive player I'm the defensive player. If I'm standing straight up with my hands straight up... I'm in a legal guarding position. If you drive your shoulder into my chest in that position... thats an offensive foul all day every day. Or at least it should be.... my hands falling after that because I got the wind knocked out of me aint my fault.

However, if I'm standing up, but say my arms are at an angle and you jump up into my arms, thus your shot getting altered..... despite the fact I hold my ground and don't initiate the contact.... that's where the defenders are getting screwed.
Agreed, my whole point assumed a legal guarding position by the defender. What you described as shoulder into the chest as an offensive foul all day is not how it usually gets called. I'd like to see that change. But that's just me.

Back