The Offseason

so imagine O with the ball headed to the rim, which is guarded by 2 bigs. D is giving ground in front of O, feet not set. O sees he can't get to the rim and his outside shot is as good as mine (nonexistent) so he just accelerates into D specifically intent on creating the contact. D is not in feet-set position because he's channeling O to his teammates, but is run over by O who has no other play.

Block or charge?
It's hard to visualize the play without a video but here goes lol but based on what you laid out it would depend on if the defender was the primary or secondary defender ("Channeling O to his teammates" makes me think primary). So in that case, their feet don't have to be set. Once you've established LGP (Assuming in your scenario he did) you can move laterally, backwards or obliquely and still maintain LGP. Based on that, it would be a charge.

It’s dangerous for referees to start judging intent. I don’t think that’s something we want to introduce to calling games.

What you describe sounds like it could be a non-call. But if there is any question and a call has to be made, then IMO the tie should go to the offense.
Like Heel said, you can't judge intent. If intent mattered there wouldn't be hardly any fouls because 95% of the time players aren't trying to foul lol

Heel, it could be a no call but we would need video. Since he said "run over" I'm assuming it was significant enough contact for there to be a whistle though. That being said, a "tie" goes against whoever violated first lol Defender loses LGP and there's illegal contact: Block. Defender maintains LGP and offensive player goes through defender (i.e. illegal contact) : Charge.

Only "tie" is a held ball ;)

FwmqsNrWcAgZnnx

so imagine O with the ball headed to the rim, which is guarded by 2 bigs. D is giving ground in front of O, feet not set. O sees he can't get to the rim and his outside shot is as good as mine (nonexistent) so he just accelerates into D specifically intent on creating the contact. D is not in feet-set position because he's channeling O to his teammates, but is run over by O who has no other play.

Block or charge?
If the call is against us, it's among the Top 10 worst calls ever. If it goes for us, it's refereeing at its best.

I have only seen Zeb's first pitch. Sounds like Zeb and Fats threw strikes. Fermin and Okafor need some practice.
Growing up in Varina I bet Fats played some baseball. Dunno about the others.

My apologies if someone has posted this, but is there a schedule for the summer and early fall considering that there's an overseas trip on the docket?

When do players report? When do practices start? When's the trip?

"Fans can expect to be able to purchase official VCU merchandise, including team jerseys with the name and number of Rams players who have joined the respective group licensing program, once TBG enters into agreements with applicable school trademark licensees."

Finally, we can buy official jerseys.
This seems very similar to what Duquesne just announced. Pretty cool.

Back