Recruiting Transfer Portal

Everyone around is falling off a cliff because of Shulga and Lawal.

I'm licking my chops. There is a ton of affordable front court, wing and backcourt talent in the portal right now at this second.

If our staff takes pragmatic approach, we can significantly upgrade this roster and still save money for next year's portal.
You're right there is a ton of talent out there, but right now I'd feel a lot better if a commitment or two out of all that talent came our way.

You're right there is a ton of talent out there, but right now I'd feel a lot better if a commitment or two out of all that talent came our way.
This is a buyers market. My message is the same..just don't chase the "Name" bag chasers...

We have all spring.

This is a buyers market. My message is the same..just don't chase the "Name" bag chasers...

We have all spring.
I don't think our staff is chasing just "big name" guys. We are attached to a few sure, but you have to shoot your shot every now and then. I think we are still in a good spot and in good hands.

I don't think our staff is chasing just "big name" guys. We are attached to a few sure, but you have to shoot your shot every now and then. I think we are still in a good spot and in good hands.
We have a very good shot to upgrade BIG time, plenty of talent...we just need to be smart...

"This isn’t like where you lose a player and we just show off our sweet facilities."

Good point. Not sure how much the facilities matter anymore. It's now a pure and simple bidding war.
For the right money kids would practice at the Y

We have all spring.
You dont always make sense but you are spot on here Bravo

PS....I no longer have to buy your Mason/VCU ticket next year as I told you both Max and Zeb wouldnt be back :D

Here's another one our staff is looking at

Delaware State didn't exactly light the world on fire but this guy is really interesting. He had 31 points and 10 rebounds against the Norfolk State team that beat us.

The only downside is he isn't really tested against stronger competition. He played 10 minutes and had 2 points against Penn State and 8 minutes and 0 points against Texas. He did have 9 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds against Wake Forest and 15 points and 5 rebounds against Seattle in the CBI, though, so he does have serious potential.

Delaware State didn't exactly light the world on fire but this guy is really interesting. He had 31 points and 10 rebounds against the Norfolk State team that beat us.

The only downside is he isn't really tested against stronger competition. He played 10 minutes and had 2 points against Penn State and 8 minutes and 0 points against Texas. He did have 9 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds against Wake Forest and 15 points and 5 rebounds against Seattle in the CBI, though, so he does have serious potential.

He turned the ball over on 26% of his possessions.

Yes but he fits the mold of someone DL wants by being affordable, though we don't know what he's asking for or what we can pay him
The coaching staff is currently considering the players above. My preference has nothing to do with it.

Yes but he fits the mold of someone DL wants by being affordable, though we don't know what he's asking for or what we can pay him
It is wild but I bet my main man Fermin is getting $50 to $75k. Our team now probably has three players receiving over six figures. Fielding a great team would cost what? 1 million? Maybe they have to budget for 2 million a year.

Back