Recruiting Transfer Portal

It is wild but I bet my main man Fermin is getting $50 to $75k. Our team now probably has three players receiving over six figures. Fielding a great team would cost what? 1 million? Maybe they have to budget for 2 million a year.
Insanity

Makes you appreciate Zeb. Yeah he transferred in, I know. But he is a very good player, team captain, and he’s sticking with a coach he has only played a year for. Looking forward to watching him play again. Sky high potential. Few missed layups away from being an absolute star.

From what I can tell.

Most of the transfers which have been considered by the coaching staff have committed to other schools.

There is one available D2 prospect which the vcu staff has shown interest that extremely impressive.

Grad Transfer Guard 6'4 Zion Richardson out of Quincy College

He's a versatile bucket who score alot of different

From what I can tell.

Most of the transfers which have been considered by the coaching staff have committed to other schools.

There is one available D2 prospect which the vcu staff has shown interest that extremely impressive.

Grad Transfer Guard 6'4 Zion Richardson out of Quincy College

He's a versatile bucket who score alot of different

Where do you see we're involved with him?

With all the NIL $$$ being thrown around it would certainly seem like the Stipend payments would be unnecessary at some point.

Reactions: SWV
Where do you see we're involved with him?
I said considered...meaning one or more other coaching staff has reviewed the one of the 2 or 3 portal tracking sites and are now following either thru Twitter or IG. Some of the sites report a prospect like Quadir Copeland have heard from VCU as part of list of others.

In this case, Zion Richardson and Bryce Crawford have been following each other since he announced his entrance in the portal back in the first week of the portal season.

So far, He's listed having heard alot of lower level mid majors.

The fact that it's April 18th and he hasn't committed probably means he's waiting for a bigger offer.

The fact the Bryce Crawford and Zion Richardson are following each other on X indicates VCU may have talked to him.

Maybe he was a coaching staff "safety choice" behind William Kyle Jr. , Brickus, Copeland etc...

Given that Shulga, Bairstow and maybe even Bamisille could be gone..I would not be surprised to see Richardson brought up later on at some point.

Sound advice if you ask me. A lot of kids are also going to learn about the IRS at an early age.
What that guy said about overvalued for a 4 and 5* players is absolutely true. I think there's almost a dozen consensus 5*'s in the class of '23 which road the pine this season and are now in the portal with literally no reported interest.

A great example of a 4* would be former VCU offer Jahnathan Lamothe. He was a top 40 player 2 years ago and ended up top 150. He road the pine at Maryland this year and ended up transferring down to NC A&T.

Back