Recruiting TY(Tarique) Foster Commits to VCU!!

I am saying it right now, he would have not played here, didn't even start on his high school team, and averaged under 10 ppg.

I am saying it right now, he would have not played here, didn't even start on his high school team, and averaged under 10 ppg.
It was definitely a perplexing commit, for sure. Rhoades must have seen something that many of us don't see.

It was definitely a perplexing commit, for sure. Rhoades must have seen something that many of us don't see.
tbf he came off the bench behind like the 2nd best player in the country

Rhoades found Treveon Graham and Mo Alie Cox for Shaka Smart so he has a very good eye for spotting under the radar talent.

Ty Foster played in the NY catholic league which is one of the 2 or 3 best in the country...along sides Ian Jackson one of the best in 2024..against teams like Luhi, St. Benedicts, St
Patrick..which have produced hi power 5 level/lottery pick talent year in and year out

Foster was a gun shot victim at a school dance at Cardinal Hayes..he had to recover so it limited his exposure...he then transferred to Putnam science in conn and started on a team that one the NESPAC national championship. No small feat...

The kid can play.. he can got great ball handling sills and can get buckets from any where on the floor an 6'8.

He will impact any program he goes to

Foster hasn't played at all since 1/17.....about 3 weeks worth of games. And even then his time of the court has been very limited. But he is also a freshman.

Back