Recruiting TY(Tarique) Foster Commits to VCU!!

What makes you say that Penn State is going to be really good? They have Ace to begin their rebuild but that is kind of all they have right about now.
Well, I'm not entirely sure that MR is finished. Also, he made us really good once he got the injury bug behind him. We were not very good when he was out. If I'm MR I'm working very hard on Nick and JJ.

I'm sure Ty Foster will end up at a fine program, can't blame the kid for reopening his recruitment. These situations are built on the Player/Coach relationships.

Well, I'm not entirely sure that MR is finished. Also, he made us really good once he got the injury bug behind him. We were not very good when he was out. If I'm MR I'm working very hard on Nick and JJ.
I gotcha. Rhoades' first year at VCU was average. Not sure Nick and JJ are gonna be guys that thrive in the Big Ten. Ace might but it will tough on him too. B1G guards are 6'4+

I gotcha. Rhoades' first year at VCU was average. Not sure Nick and JJ are gonna be guys that thrive in the Big Ten. Ace might but it will tough on him too. B1G guards are 6'4+
Let me translate his post for you: everybody MR has are going to be game changing players/recruits, anybody available to VCU to sign will stink.

I hope he's not finished or Ace and the two guys they still have are going to have to take on the Big 10 by themselves.

Who exactly did we beat last year with all this out of the world talent that is going to Penn st….
We must have been poorly coached if we had seven guys on our roster who can enter the portal and find landing spots better than VCU. Last season only one of the four arguably upgraded and he didn't see the floor much. The other three went to lower tier mid-majors.

This is a full on total rebuild. Sorry to say something negative, but it is what it is. Penn State is going to be really good.

If you dropped this year's VCU team in the BIG, they would NOT be "very good".

How many P6 schools did VCU beat this year? Pitt early in the season and Vanderbilt early in the season. They lost to Arizona State, Memphis and a not very good Temple team. They also lost to Jacksonville. So, you think those same players are going to go up against a majority of the BIG and be "very good"? The BIG is physical, something VCU never was under Coach Rhoades.

Rhoades has as much of a rebuild job as Odom does at VCU. The difference though is Rhoades has just stepped up significantly in weight class. I'm predicting right now Penn State will be pre-season bottom 4 in the BIG next year and VCU will be pre-season top 8 in the A-10.

If you dropped this year's VCU team in the BIG, they would NOT be "very good".

How many P6 schools did VCU beat this year? Pitt early in the season and Vanderbilt early in the season. They lost to Arizona State, Memphis and a not very good Temple team. They also lost to Jacksonville. So, you think those same players are going to go up against a majority of the BIG and be "very good"? The BIG is physical, something VCU never was under Coach Rhoades.

Rhoades has as much of a rebuild job as Odom does at VCU. The difference though is Rhoades has just stepped up significantly in weight class. I'm predicting right now Penn State will be pre-season bottom 4 in the BIG next year and VCU will be pre-season top 8 in the A-10.
Penn State isn't exactly a step up in weight class unless MR gets his starters to show up.

This kid did not even start at this school, he would not have seen a minute here.

The only thing surprising about Foster de-committing is how long it took for him to announce it.

Pure speculation here, he may have seen that VCU's offer was the best one he could expect at this point and hesitated to back out for that reason. I already see a tough road for Ty in pt at VCU, name Fats Billups. They are similar players, Fats is just better and would end up in the same class but with a year of college conditioning, and some experience playing. Ty most likely would have ended up a back up to Fats for 4 years. Once Fats committed to come back, it became an easier decision to make. Interesting that would happen with only 4 players committed to play for VCU at present.

Pure speculation here, he may have seen that VCU's offer was the best one he could expect at this point and hesitated to back out for that reason. I already see a tough road for Ty in pt at VCU, name Fats Billups. They are similar players, Fats is just better and would end up in the same class but with a year of college conditioning, and some experience playing. Ty most likely would have ended up a back up to Fats for 4 years. Once Fats committed to come back, it became an easier decision to make. Interesting that would happen with only 4 players committed to play for VCU at present.
I thought it was a bit of an odd spot to recruit back when he committed. He appears to be a wing, which at the time was a spot where we had Kern, Watkins, and Billups. I thought Watkins might play some at the 4 this upcoming season, but that still put Foster in at third string behind a junior and a redshirt freshman. Rhoades may have been anticipating one of those guys leaving, though … possibly Watkins.

Back