News VCU Athletic Village

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Over three years since VCU set the gears in motion, the VCU Athletic Village is officially a go, as VCU closed a deal on the last parcel of land they need to start the project. Work will likely begin by the end of this year.

Last edited:
So what has Ed been doing to earn his pay lately? I believe someone wanted to know.
Are you kidding?????? With this move, Ed is signing off on possible career ending health problems by moving our student athletes within walking distance of Lee's Fried Chicken!!!! Is fried chicken the fuel for championships??? UHHHHHH...............

I DON'T THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK SO

Get ready for weekly golf tourneys, and a text/call/begging email every hour on the hour to pay for this crap

Crap? It's going to include a brand new tennis center and baseball stadium. Both of which are badly needed for two programs that are doing very well.
"badly needed".
For baseball it doesn't seem to be holding them back, and for tennis....I mean I don't wish the kids playing anything but the best but this is a really bass akwards way of spending the money.

People care about basketball, as shown by attendance.

"badly needed".
For baseball it doesn't seem to be holding them back, and for tennis....I mean I don't wish the kids playing anything but the best but this is a really bass akwards way of spending the money.

People care about basketball, as shown by attendance.
Spoken like someone who really just cares about basketball, which I get it and understand. There's so much more to VCU Athletics than just basketball. Baseball won back-to-back A10 championships playing in that dump of The Diamond. Tennis has been good for a long time now. I know basketball is the money making sport at VCU but those student athletes deserve better, modern facilities too.

Crap? It's going to include a brand new tennis center and baseball stadium. Both of which are badly needed for two programs that are doing very well.

It is not going to include a baseball stadium. The City of Richmond has once again taken the lead on a new baseball stadium to be built across the street where Sports Backers Stadium is.

The funding was already there...

The funding was there to buy the property. Ed will have to raise the money to actually build the complex. He will definitely have some challenges there, especially the way he has handled the RAF/basketball season ticket holders lately. He is really going to have to take a hard look at his business/capital campaign funding model if he wants to bring this project across the finish line.

Spoken like someone who really just cares about basketball, which I get it and understand. There's so much more to VCU Athletics than just basketball. Baseball won back-to-back A10 championships playing in that dump of The Diamond. Tennis has been good for a long time now. I know basketball is the money making sport at VCU but those student athletes deserve better, modern facilities too.
iF BASEBALL CAN WIN 2 BTB SHIPS, they don't need a spiffy new stadium, unless the school is gonna make money sharing it with the Squirrels.

Same for tennis...what do you need millions in upgrades for if you're already that good?

Here's my vote for a better use of the money ....... https://news.vcu.edu/article/2021/1...ide-emergency-food-assistance-to-vcu-students

iF BASEBALL CAN WIN 2 BTB SHIPS, they don't need a spiffy new stadium, unless the school is gonna make money sharing it with the Squirrels.

Same for tennis...what do you need millions in upgrades for if you're already that good?

Here's my vote for a better use of the money ....... https://news.vcu.edu/article/2021/1...ide-emergency-food-assistance-to-vcu-students

We're talking the A-10 regarding baseball! :roll: Winning the A-10 in baseball does not make you a top tier baseball program. The A-10 is a one bid league. Being in the A-10 is NOT helping Coach Stiffler recruit kids to VCU.

We're talking the A-10 regarding baseball! :roll: Winning the A-10 in baseball does not make you a top tier baseball program. The A-10 is a one bid league. Being in the A-10 is NOT helping Coach Stiffler recruit kids to VCU.
Guy has no clue about....well about anything.

maybe VCU should turn the BDC into a homeless shelter

Back