News VCU lands commitment from German pro Jacob Patrick

Troy Daniels was statistically better in college than as a pro. I expect such expert analysis from the boards self proclaimed genius.

Can we get a reddit like downvote to hide nonsense like this?
this is a silly argument, between two self proclaimed geniuses. nobody knows anything about Patrick tbh. I think one thing we're missing is fit. treveon graham and Eric maynor are possibly the greatest vcu players ive seen in my lifetime, but both struggled in the nba. that is not just because the nba is better, but because their game is more suited for college. the opposite could be said of a guy like pascal siakam.

this is a silly argument, between two self proclaimed geniuses. nobody knows anything about Patrick tbh. I think one thing we're missing is fit. treveon graham and Eric maynor are possibly the greatest vcu players ive seen in my lifetime, but both struggled in the nba. that is not just because the nba is better, but because their game is more suited for college. the opposite could be said of a guy like pascal siakam.
1. Treveon suffered from a string of injuries.
2. No one is missing "fit". Rammad90 is saying Troy was a better fit for the NBA than his colllege stats would suggest, and my point was that Troy's college performance was a direct foreshadowing of his fit in the NBA. Rammad thinks Troy's VCU stats were trash,l and he was a "good but not great" VCU player, while I think Rammad doesn't understand stats or didn't bother to look up Troy's Jr and Sr performances.

Good luck Patrick we could of used you.

It's all over, and I'm standing pretty
In this dust that was a city
If I could find a souvenir
Just to prove Jacob was here
And here is a red balloon
I think of you, and let it go

1. Treveon suffered from a string of injuries.
2. No one is missing "fit". Rammad90 is saying Troy was a better fit for the NBA than his colllege stats would suggest, and my point was that Troy's college performance was a direct foreshadowing of his fit in the NBA. Rammad thinks Troy's VCU stats were trash,l and he was a "good but not great" VCU player, while I think Rammad doesn't understand stats or didn't bother to look up Troy's Jr and Sr performances.
I might have missed it during the pissing contest, but where did he say that Troy’s VCU stats were “trash?”

I might have missed it during the pissing contest, but where did he say that Troy’s VCU stats were “trash?”
I think the one mistake all fans, and especially those who love stats and metrics, make is they believe that success in one program or level leads to success at another level.

In many cases its about fit. I for one really liked the idea of this young guy coming and being groomed into being they type player we havent had since Nestorav (Mac didnt know how to use the guy but all the same Nestorav had a great pro career).

Heck we only have to look at some of our former pros to see that success at VCU and the pros doesnt always translate. Troy played for VCU and was a great shooter and a starter for part of his career. However, he was never all conference (except tournament) and never even the best player on any of the teams in his four years. Yet he played in the NBA while others who fared better did not.

Troy was a better fit in the NBA than at VCU.
That's how I read his first and third paragraphs, otherwise, what's his point? So far, he's made qualitative assessments of players without any real discussion of stats. I've already pointed out that Troy's stats at VCU were emblematic of the NBA player he became, and noted that he had a top 50 O-rating in all of CBB his senior year.

That's how I read his first and third paragraphs, otherwise, what's his point? So far, he's made qualitative assessments of players without any real discussion of stats. I've already pointed out that Troy's stats at VCU were emblematic of the NBA player he became, and noted that he had a top 50 O-rating in all of CBB his senior year.
Well he is expressing his opinions (which I may or may not agree with), but you just substantiated that he never said trash or anything that approaches that. Nor do I think that he was trying to provoke like some posters.

Well he is expressing his opinions (which I may or may not agree with), but you just substantiated that he never said trash or anything that approaches that. Nor do I think that he was trying to provoke like some posters.
So what was his point regarding Troy/stats then? Also, I might be guilty of hyperbole to stress how idiotic his take is, but if you want to defend nonsense like his, so be it.

EDIT: I guess you're the type of guy to say thank you to someone who tells you 'bless your heart'. We have a poster here who thinks moneyball's philosophy was to go out and get the guy with the highest counting stats, and you're worried about whether he said something explicitly or implied it.

Last edited:
Back