Players 2023-24 Roster Thread

Maryland “insider” is a rando with 1,200 twitter followers and a blog. Crazy how little it takes to start and stop DL once he gets going
He can' help it.

After all, he is a Mason fan.

Even under the worst case scenario posted previously, I think be we will be able to field an NCAA team with those losses...

There is a better than 50% chance to find an upgrade for at least 2 of those replacements.
Lose Deloach and Ace and be an NCAA team? Ace single-handily won some games and we saw what happened against a NCAA quality team the moment he went out. And that’s just Ace.

He’s a walk-on.
For now. I do wonder if there wasn’t some kind of agreement that he would receive a scholarship after one year as a walk-on. I still don’t understand how the kid would turn down a full ride offer at Hampton to be a walk-on, even if he’s walking on to a higher program. The other possibility is that he jumps ship and goes to Harvard. If I recall, they wanted him but told him he had to do a prep year. He might have decided to do a year at VCU and get some college credits instead. It’s an interesting situation. If you look at the kid, he passes the eye test, but I’ve never seen him play a second on the floor. Did he even play in the B&G game?

Reactions: SWV
I can clear up a couple of wild speculative claims made in this thread (mind, I stopped reading after a page). All of this is premised on the assumption that Mike returns, something I expect but is not a done-deal.

According to JJ's dad, he's not leaving. JJ and the family love the program. love the staff and what they have done to elevate JJ's play, and are excited about his place here. I don't know who claims to have contrary intel, but I think Jalen's pops is a better source than anyone they may be listening to.

Ace is not leaving, as I have said elsewhere. Again, there is tremendous loyalty and familial bond connecting Ace, his mom, and Mike. As long as Mike stays next year, Ace will stay.

Jamir is a different question. His bond with Ace is extremely close, and I am hoping that works in our favor. He has POY talent, and is just scratching the surface of what he can accomplish here, and I hope he sees that too.

BTW, none of this is on deep background or based on conversations with staff. I have zero inside info from the program, don't know or talk to the coaches, and am not betraying any confidences. These parents are a constant presence at VCU games. All you have to do is chat with them.

Finally, this info is all as of end-of-season. There are always things that can change the direction of the team/program.

I can clear up a couple of wild speculative claims made in this thread (mind, I stopped reading after a page). All of this is premised on the assumption that Mike returns, something I expect but is not a done-deal.

According to JJ's dad, he's not leaving. JJ and the family love the program. love the staff and what they have done to elevate JJ's play, and are excited about his place here. I don't know who claims to have contrary intel, but I think Jalen's pops is a better source than anyone they may be listening to.

Ace is not leaving, as I have said elsewhere. Again, there is tremendous loyalty and familial bond connecting Ace, his mom, and Mike. As long as Mike stays next year, Ace will stay.

Jamir is a different question. His bond with Ace is extremely close, and I am hoping that works in our favor. He has POY talent, and is just scratching the surface of what he can accomplish here, and I hope he sees that too.

BTW, none of this is on deep background or based on conversations with staff. I have zero inside info from the program, don't know or talk to the coaches, and am not betraying any confidences. These parents are a constant presence at VCU games. All you have to do is chat with them.

Finally, this info is all as of end-of-season. There are always things that can change the direction of the team/program.
lol...you just pulled the classic "insider" move: "what I say is true today but if it doesn't happened it doesn't mean I was wrong, circumstances just changed." :D

lol...you just pulled the classic "insider" move: "what I say is true today but if it doesn't happened it doesn't mean I was wrong, circumstances just changed." :D
You're right, but I am not sure what else you want me to say. That things will never/could never change?

I am not an insider. Far from it. All the relevant parties are on social media and in person at our games. This isn't investigative reporting

You're right, but I am not sure what else you want me to say. That things will never/could never change?

I am not an insider. Far from it. All the relevant parties are on social media and in person at our games. This isn't investigative reporting
I know, I'm just saying that's what the people who claim to be insiders always say to CYA.

Last edited:
Back