Recruiting 2024 Offers

This is a very nice get for VCU. It's a good way for Ryan and staff to kick-off the 2024 recruiting class. While I want the best talent available regardless of geographical locale it's always nice to secure local kids when they are of equal or superior talent. Hate seeing other programs coming into our back yard and harvesting the top local talent. This was also a prospect that Richmond coveted. Brandon has a huge local following and excellent support structure. He is on the rise and likely poised to have a big year at St. Christophers. The other nice aspect of signing Brandon is that he is an outstanding student. He sports a GPA of well over 4.0. Just the kind of kid you really want to be a part of VCU Basketball and the university community as a whole.

We recently offered Adlan Elamin, a 6-7 small forward from Paul VI HS. 2025 recruit. 4 star prospect. #3 in the State of VA & #69 in the country. He hasn't taken any visits yet.

I don't see us pulling any recruit from PVI. Kevin Willard over at Maryland has made it his no. 1 priority to lock up the top recruits in the DMV from '23 onward.

I see Elamin following DeShawn Harris-Smith to Maryland.

I don't see us pulling any recruit from PVI. Kevin Willard over at Maryland has made it his no. 1 priority to lock up the top recruits in the DMV from '23 onward.

I see Elamin following DeShawn Harris-Smith to Maryland.
I agree. We have had virtually no luck recruiting prospects at Paul VI. I would focus on two excellent local PF's in Silas Barksdale at Woodside HS in Newport News, and Marcus Jackson over at John Marshall. These are of course both 2025.

I am glad we are picking-up the recruiting pace for prep players in 2025. There are still plenty of opportunities to recruit top prep talent. I keep hearing about NIL but the top portal players are often commanding more NIL than top 150 type high school guys. You are confronted with NIL whether it's a talented prep player or a top ready to go portal guy. The guys that are basically off the table with respect to NIL are the top 25/50 prep players and the elite portal prospects. Some top 150 guys get little or no NIL. For empirical evidence look at ODU's recruiting for 2024. This was not because of NIL. It is attributable to Coach Brooks.

This is a very nice get for VCU. It's a good way for Ryan and staff to kick-off the 2024 recruiting class. While I want the best talent available regardless of geographical locale it's always nice to secure local kids when they are of equal or superior talent. Hate seeing other programs coming into our back yard and harvesting the top local talent. This was also a prospect that Richmond coveted. Brandon has a huge local following and excellent support structure. He is on the rise and likely poised to have a big year at St. Christophers. The other nice aspect of signing Brandon is that he is an outstanding student. He sports a GPA of well over 4.0. Just the kind of kid you really want to be a part of VCU Basketball and the university community as a whole.
This is why I'm glad he committed early. People are concerned about stars and offers, but I'm confident Brandon was a recruit that was flying under the radar partially because St. Chris doesn't play a regional schedule or against more public schools. Though circuit season is over, he has the build of a high level guard and I'm sure he would have picked up some more low level P6 offers over the course of the season. A late bloomer like Bones. Not to that level, but you get the point lol for those that get to see him play this year, I bet you'll be happy we got him early

Back