Recruiting 2025 Offers

Don't have access to this particular story but I am familiar with Keith Jackson. He is a 2025 recruit from Southern Durham High, I believe a STEM School, located in Durham NC. He is a 6'6" 215/220 athletic wing being recruited as a big combo guard by most schools. Keith is the number 2 player in North Carolina and a consensus top 75 National recruit. He also plays for Team Loaded. While he has been heavily recruited for some time he really blew-up on the national scene this summer. He has already taken a couple of visits to North Carolina but does not yet have an official offer. While he has a plethora of offers, including VCU, it is widely believed that N.C. State and Virginia may lead. Both schools were on him early and he has a good relationship with both staffs, particularly at State. In addition to being an outstanding player he also excels in his academics. He hails from an athletic family as his father played 3-years in the NFL.

It would be great to get Keith on campus(officially) and a real coup to secure his services.

A player to keep our eyes on for 2025 is 6'9" Silas Barksdale out of Woodside HS in Newport News. He is a consensus top 125 National recruit, plays PF, and has a college ready body. He would bring some strength and beef down on the block that we could really use in Ryan's system. I believe he has visited VCU twice. Silas plays for Team Loaded.

A player to keep our eyes on for 2025 is 6'9" Silas Barksdale out of Woodside HS in Newport News. He is a consensus top 125 National recruit, plays PF, and has a college ready body. He would bring some strength and beef down on the block that we could really use in Ryan's system. I believe he has visited VCU twice. Silas plays for Team Loaded.
Barskdale would be a good get for sure. He could be that post presence that some fans have been looking for. Versatile, runs well and has a good looking jumper with range. Solid passer too, which we generally don't get from our bigs, and to your point, would fit in well with Odom's system. Granted I've only seen him a couple times, I didn't like his energy in the state championship game this past season (WILD ending to that game if anyone else was there). He was visibly frustrated when things weren't going his way and didn't play with the motor he usually has. Could just be immaturity from a Sophomore in a big game, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Also a big shxt talker, which doesn't other me at all, but I know there's a group of fans that were consistently irritated when Deloach would get his techs for talking too much lol but great talent nonetheless!

Side note: he plays for Boo Williams, unless he just recently switched programs

It's good to see that VCU is recruiting many high school players as it may give VCU an inside track for that not signed player in the future as a potential transfer to VCU. I do think the day of signing letter of intents for numerous high school recruits should be over for VCU. The VCU basketball job should not be a rebuilding job, but it should be a reloading job every year for the A-10 championship. That reloading is based on the VCU basketball facilities and the numerous amenities that VCU basketball offers that many schools don't have. That reloading should mainly come through the transfer portal, junior college, and a through recruiting nationally and internationally.

Back