23-24 Opponent Tracking Thread

Maybe. Like I said earlier the plan was either the NBA or UD. I do not think he has considered anything else. When you have a $1 Million NIL deal why even look?
Does he really have a million dollar NIL? I always am skeptical of these estimates since there's pretty little return on investment.

Does he really have a million dollar NIL? I always am skeptical of these estimates since there's pretty little return on investment.
I found it unbelievable BUT the guy that told me has a pulse on the UD program so I believe it.

So in theory, NIL deals are supposed to be business agreements, not just charity/gifts... the paying entity is paying to utilize the athlete's name/image/likeness. I wonder how often the paying entity lists the NIL cost as a business expense for tax purposes? If that's happening (and maybe it's not), then I wonder if the IRS will start looking for wildly out of balance cost/benefit ratios... like will they allow a business to claim a $1mil NIL payment as a legit business expense if they can't show anywhere close to that in value of return. Granted, there tends to be a fair amount of leeway given for folks to make crappy unbalanced deals, but if it becomes obvious that it's really a wilful shell game, then maybe it gets clamped down a bit.

So in theory, NIL deals are supposed to be business agreements, not just charity/gifts... the paying entity is paying to utilize the athlete's name/image/likeness. I wonder how often the paying entity lists the NIL cost as a business expense for tax purposes? If that's happening (and maybe it's not), then I wonder if the IRS will start looking for wildly out of balance cost/benefit ratios... like will they allow a business to claim a $1mil NIL payment as a legit business expense if they can't show anywhere close to that in value of return. Granted, there tends to be a fair amount of leeway given for folks to make crappy unbalanced deals, but if it becomes obvious that it's really a wilful shell game, then maybe it gets clamped down a bit.
In Holmes case is might be NIL deals that accumulate to $1 mil. For instance Bacot makes a bunch of $ at UNC and he as a bunch of irons in the fire.

In Holmes case is might be NIL deals that accumulate to $1 mil. For instance Bacot makes a bunch of $ at UNC and he as a bunch of irons in the fire.
Dunno if it's still active but at one point Holmes had a Lee's Chicken endorsement.

That would certainly be a way to put more of a beard of legitimacy on it... structured plausible deniability

As long as the athletes are paying taxes on the NIL they receive, I doubt the IRS will care.

Favour Aire? Great name. This kid looks like he's the in the same category as Christian Fermin and Roosevelt Wheeler. He was a highly-touted recruit out of high school who hasn't done much so far in his young career.
His stats are worse than Wheeler’s were. I‘d be happy with that pickup in the A10. I’m not so sure that it will translate into wins in the Big Ten.

Favour Aire? Great name. This kid looks like he's the in the same category as Christian Fermin and Roosevelt Wheeler. He was a highly-touted recruit out of high school who hasn't done much so far in his young career.
Yes, that was my first reaction also. If Fermin would have gone to PSU I doubt MR pursues this young man for depth. Favour Aire will need to put on weight to bang in B10 but getting any athletic 4 star 6’11” portal pick up at this time for PSU is a good get. If nothing else they will have 5 more fouls to give in Orlando.

How many 6 syllable team names can you think of? I am coming up blank.

Back