23-24 Opponent Tracking Thread

Just a brutal move by Burton. Bails at a point when there is virtually nothing Mooney can do to fix it. I assume there was some solid reason for the timing other than spite but jeez this puts UR in an awful spot

Just a brutal move by Burton. Bails at a point when there is virtually nothing Mooney can do to fix it. I assume there was some solid reason for the timing other than spite but jeez this puts UR in an awful spot
What a shame. :D

Burton tossed his name in the draft hat a month ago. While possible, I can’t imagine the Moon man planned on having him on the roster this season.

He was gone one way or another.

Burton tossed his name in the draft hat a month ago. While possible, I can’t imagine the Moon man planned on having him on the roster this season.

He was gone one way or another.
Do you think Mooney thought Burton was actually a threat to get drafted? I don't. I think he expected Burton to do his predraft thing and then come back. But maybe you're right

Do you think Mooney thought Burton was actually a threat to get drafted? I don't. I think he expected Burton to do his predraft thing and then come back. But maybe you're right

Burton was a 4 year player who got his degree. If Mooney wasn’t working on contingencies the second he declared that’s on him.

Mooney may not have thought he’d get drafted but the risk of a grad transfer was always there. Especially when you look at their returning roster.

The thing is, this is the 2nd time he threw his name in the draft ring. I don’t know the actual percentages but I would guess it less than 1 percent of players that go through the process twice that come back to the school

Wouldn’t it be great to see him at VCU and give Belle transition time to learn ropes in US NCAA bb, but it won’t happen. I have no insights on Burton but suspect he covets P6 where he gets lots of PT. He’d be a great get for MR at PSU. (Last comment to irritate MR haters, lol. I wish MR nothing bad but glad he’s moved on).

Back