League A10 Basketball: news and discourse around the league

compared to the nba?
Yep. I don't think he's a surefire first rounder and definitely not lotto. If reports of his NIL deal are true, he's probably out earning what he'd get at the next level. Of course that's kind of a high floor, low ceiling proposition and is limited to next year. Another consideration is next year's draft is expected to be stacked, so it could be better to go ahead and make the jump. Whatever he decides, he should be set for quite a while.

Yep. I don't think he's a surefire first rounder and definitely not lotto. If reports of his NIL deal are true, he's probably out earning what he'd get at the next level. Of course that's kind of a high floor, low ceiling proposition and is limited to next year. Another consideration is next year's draft is expected to be stacked, so it could be better to go ahead and make the jump. Whatever he decides, he should be set for quite a while.
This years draft is weak and he has proven all he can in college imo. I’d start the clock on that second NBA contract as quick as I could, but I’m not sitting in front of a huge NIL offer either 😂

This years draft is weak and he has proven all he can in college imo. I’d start the clock on that second NBA contract as quick as I could, but I’m not sitting in front of a huge NIL offer either 😂
100%. Waiting until next year means you're a year older. Going now seems like a solid bet on yourself, but turning down a known (large) quantity isn't easy. Would that we all had those problems!

I would think the home team has a say or do they not? If I was the home team, I wouldn't want my opponent bringing their band and cheerleaders to the game.
While it is a home game it’s not REALLY a home game. So no they don’t get a say. Now there could be circumstances where it couldn’t be accommodated

Well there you have it. If we cannot afford it we cannot afford it.

Look as much as I like dancers, cheer leaders, and the band, they aren’t the product I come to see.

If leaving any and all ancillary personnel behind means I have more money for players and the team I say put the money on the players and the team.

Band/spirit squad is important but not as important as the team. Further when fans don’t show up there isn’t much spirit to muster.

At USF there were less than 50 VCU fans in attendance. Spending on the spirit squad would have been a waste.

Finally love what they do and energy they bring but there is a hierarchy to this thing. Why not do fundraisers to supplement your budget? You are a great band. Sell you talent on the open market.
That’s certainly a take and would you be the first to buy the oranges we sell for our fundraiser

This is kind of dumb since everyone's in the portal, but Torvik has already released his 2024-25 projections. I guess I'll go on and post the A10's, considering we have no transfer news (yet) and I seem to hate myself. I honestly have no idea what the reasoning is behind these numbers.

#9 Dayton
#71 Loyola Chicago
#75 VCU
#76 St. Joseph's
#94 George Mason
#98 Saint Louis
#124 Duquesne
#125 Rhode Island
#130 George Washington
#135 UMass
#148 Fordham
#150 Richmond
#190 Davidson
#193 La Salle
#302 St. Bonaventure

This is kind of dumb since everyone's in the portal, but Torvik has already released his 2024-25 projections. I guess I'll go on and post the A10's, considering we have no transfer news (yet) and I seem to hate myself. I honestly have no idea what the reasoning is behind these numbers.

#9 Dayton
#71 Loyola Chicago
#75 VCU
#76 St. Joseph's
#94 George Mason
#98 Saint Louis
#124 Duquesne
#125 Rhode Island
#130 George Washington
#135 UMass
#148 Fordham
#150 Richmond
#190 Davidson
#193 La Salle
#302 St. Bonaventure
Quite a spread from Dayton to SBU.

I assume this is if no more transfers in or out…

#9 Dayton
#71 Loyola Chicago
#75 VCU
#76 St. Joseph's
#94 George Mason
#98 Saint Louis
#124 Duquesne
#125 Rhode Island
#130 George Washington
#135 UMass
#148 Fordham
#150 Richmond
#190 Davidson
#193 La Salle
#302 St. Bonaventure
Clearly they're assuming Daron Holmes is coming back.

Back