Donte Williams to visit VCU this Saturday

vcubob said:
vcu_Dan, that was a funny post. I'm catching up and happy with a quiet board, no news is good news as far as i'm concerned. Two seniors, 2 signed to take their place. Another signing would lend more credence to the "Larry leaving" rumor i'm trying ignore. A small hijack concerning board activity; I'm looking forward to Nov 5 game with Union and hoping to see a scouting report of their team.
what was so funny about it?

seriously, no one saw a 6' 9" dude on campus all weekend to say anything about him? Based on the people in here who to various degrees do and others who claim they do have inside info that seems worrisome to me if he did in fact come which no one has confirmed yet.

mwalvlior said:
seriously, no one saw a 6' 9" dude on campus all weekend to say anything about him? Based on the people in here who to various degrees do and others who claim they do have inside info that seems worrisome to me if he did in fact come which no one has confirmed yet.
I just saw a 6'10' larry sanders at bodillas...does that count?

vcu_dan said:
mwalvlior said:
No way we sign that guy. He is way too good.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
vcu_dan said:
mwalvlior said:
No way we sign that guy. He is way too good.

Not to mention we don't have a 6'10 Larry Sanders. We've only got a 6'11 Larry Sanders. ;)

nice to know i have to draw it in crayon for people in here since this is only the Donte williams thread that people think they are hilarious to bring up Larry Sanders' height when asked if they saw the player this is about on campus or could confirm he actually came. nice to see the adults reign in here.

mwalvlior said:
nice to know i have to draw it in crayon for people in here since this is only the Donte williams thread that people think they are hilarious to bring up Larry Sanders' height when asked if they saw the player this is about on campus or could confirm he actually came. nice to see the adults reign in here.
u asked if anyone saw a 6'9" dude..well I did, can you not take a joke?

mwalvlior said:
I am pretty sure everyone understood the question the first time they just didn't have an answer for you or didn't wish to tell you. It is better to be patient then to be rude.

ok, I am starting to get worried. Where is everyone? It's Monday we had a big recruit on campus this weekend and no news, rumors, or anything at all.

But on a side note. I did see where DB has been pretty active on the Siena site discussing Mel Basabe.

I'll give you credit DB you were very neutral and logical with your statements and the Siena fans were getting on you. They think we are being unethical for recruiting Mel even though on paper we are out of Scholarships.

I just wish he would commit to us so that they would really have something to get mad about.

How about Donte and Mel commit today so that we can focus on the season which starts in 16 days :lol:

Scout hasn't been wrong on one of our visits yet..don't seem to see a reason why they would now..

It would be nice to have some analysis from db regarding Donte Williams. I'd like to know how he stacks up to Lulanne and Basabe.

Please shoot me a PM if Sometimes is preventing you from speaking publically.

Hopefully, we land one of these guys soon and we'll be set for next season!

Back