Former Recruits and Players

To save us on listening to him, what exactly did he say?
He hated to leave the players, but he threw Ed and Dr. Rao under the bus (while praising the leadership at PSU) and said that VCU just wasn't good enough to accomplish things he wanted to accomplish despite supposedly asking for ideas.

That's what I'm talkin' about. I want a synopsis. I don't want to listen to him yammering about fighting like crazy, or whatever catchphrase he's using now.
The tl;dr version is VCU isn't worth his time because it has to be 100% perfect since it's not in a power conference, so he went to a school in a power conference, all while throwing us under the bus.

He hated to leave the players, but he threw Ed and Dr. Rao under the bus (while praising the leadership at PSU) and said that VCU just wasn't good enough to accomplish things he wanted to accomplish despite supposedly asking for ideas.
He’s got that backwards. He wasn’t/isn’t good enough to accomplish the things he wants to accomplish. And if he thinks it’s going to be easier at Penn State playing in the Big Ten, then he’s in for another rude awakening.

The tl;dr version is VCU isn't worth his time because it has to be 100% perfect since it's not in a power conference, so he went to a school in a power conference, all while throwing us under the bus.
I guess he’ll learn that going 5-15 in a power conference isn’t going to be perfect enough to make the tournament either.

Great--he can be mediocre at PSU, and not be under a microscope. Something every competitor aspires to. 🙄
He’s going to have about 3.5 million microscopes a year pointed at him if he doesn’t live up to that overpriced salary. They’re paying him the same salary that Purdue pays their coach. Expectations are going to rise and I bet their fanbase won’t have people as loyal as some people were here defending his failures.

He’s going to have about 3.5 million microscopes a year pointed at him if he doesn’t live up to that overpriced salary. They’re paying him the same salary that Purdue pays their coach. Expectations are going to rise and I bet their fanbase won’t have people as loyal as some people were here defending his failures.
Excellent point. There will be a pass for year one, but not much beyond that. $3.5 M is a lot of money, I don't care if it's the main sport or not.

Back