Players Jayden Nunn Transfers to Baylor

Yeah man. The fifth leading scorer at VCU is going to be the Big 12’s leading scorer. LMFAO
agree
Baylor was most successful with the group of guards that could play lock down defense and hit open 3s (think Davion Mitchell now with Sac Kings)
I look for that to be Jayden's contributions at Baylor provided he will start playing like he did vs Wake Forest and hunt the 3 and not like he did most of this past season on offense (if he gets 22 minutes a game maybe a scoring average of 7-9ppg) (but have no idea how deep the rotation is at guard for the Bears)

Best wishes, JNunn. I think of all the transfers-out from VCU, Nunn has the best shot at having a great season. He will be a very important piece for Baylor.
Good for Nunn, he was one of my favorites. I also think he's done the best in the portal, forging his own way rather than sticking with his security blanket and heading to penn like the others.

I hope he and Watkins break the curse of VCU players going to a P6 conference and doing well. (But that will also drive me crazy with the 'woulda/coulda' thinking)

Remember, Watkins never flourished under Rhoades. He was leaving well before the coaching change, next year at VCU was never really a possibility from the moment he got benched for Kern IMO. Maybe that will ease your mind a bit.

That said I am with you on 100% rooting for both Watkins and Nunn. Those guys deserve success.

i love nunn. wish him the best. can’t wait it to see him kill it in the big leagues. does he regret not staying after todays announcements? probably not, yet…

My only regret is not seeing Nunn mature as a player here at VCU. I ALWAYS thought he deferred to Ace and that hampered his potential. He is a lock down defender and when seeing his opportunities can score multiple ways. Hope only the best for him just wish it was a different time in college basketball history.

Can’t argue with that. If he played in an actual legit offensive scheme at VCU, he could’ve and should’ve been the leading scorer.

True...JNunn is a shot hunter (in a good way)....It'll be interesting to see how it plays out on a bigger stage.

Back