Juvonte Reddic a Ram?

xjohnx said:
Don't forget Spurlock who was more or less run off the team, and Landesberg who's going to be leaving early to go play in europe.

Didn't Landensburg get suspended for grades? If so thats understandable

but it happens everywhere Half of Grants first class at VCU is playing ball somewhere else

xjohnx said:
Don't forget Spurlock who was more or less run off the team, and Landesberg who's going to be leaving early to go play in europe.

is landesberg going to europe by choice and not entering the nba draft? or is it that they dont think he will get drafted this year and is going to play in europe?

Mistachill said:
You put a lot of stock in the star ratings don't you?

FYI, Eric Davis was a 4 star coming out of high school. In fact, so was Skeen.

BradRamFan said:
In the latter part of the season I remember a game where Santil came in for a few plays and was then taken out...he said something to the coach and he didn't look very happy about having to sit.

I hope all this works out. But I will say that I feel like I'm reading the ODU board right now. I've never heard so much hullabaloo about two star recruits before....our last two recruits, as well as our Juco 11 ppg player.

I'd say Skeen is doing pretty well. If you take into account his WF years plus just starting here in December after sitting out a semester. Quite inspiring how he went from basically down and out at WF to turning his grades around here at VCU and now becoming a reliable player on the VCU squad. Considering his three point ability I was glad to see that he was allowed to take threes against GWU. Hopefully we see a big year from him next year. He could always get a early start and have big night tonight too though. I wouldn't complain. :)

Jamie seems to be progressing very well. Some of his best games have come over the last few weeks. I see him as being a leader on next years club along with the other seniors. Next year should be very special. Juvonte and others will get a chance to play with some great players which will only help prepare them for the future.

getSmart said:
Jamie seems to be progressing very well. Some of his best games have come over the last few weeks. I see him as being a leader on next years club along with the other seniors. Next year should be very special. Juvonte and others will get a chance to play with some great players which will only help prepare them for the future.

At first he would dominate for a few min's then not do a whole lot the rest of the way, now we are starting to see him put together some really impressive first halfs (@GW, @JMU). Once he is able to do that for an entire game we are going to be in great shape. So far it looks like participating in the CBI tournament has benefited Skeen and Daniels greatly. Looking forward to seeing if they can build off of the momentum from the GW game tonight. Next year will certainly be a great time to bring in a large talented recruiting class with all of the highly skilled team first seniors that we will have on the roster.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
So far it looks like participating in the CBI tournament has benefited Skeen and Daniels greatly.

when they do it again tonight it will mean that is true, but one game as encouraging as it was in terms of those two doesnt make it anything other than lucky. So here's to showing it again.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2010 ... e-choices/

"They did a great job of recruiting the kid, and they have a great recruiting class coming, and it was more of a perfect fit for him than being that close to home," Pitts said. "You call any recruiting service, and he was the best available big man in the country on the recruiting boards.

"He's come a long way. Dave Telep (of Scout.com) said he was one of the best available (big men) left in the nation. Juvonte's a three-star guy, and he wasn't even mentioned in basketball talks two years ago. This kid has worked extremely hard. When you see a kid working so hard and get rewarded at the end, that's big."

Hmm, late blooming big man, 2 or 3 *'s? Sounds like somebody else we picked up a few years ago.

Mistachill said:
Wasn't the player who gave up the scholarship was a rising senior? Remember this happened last season.

I was thinking the same thing.

So I was reading Maryland's board and they are totally clueless as to how Reddic ended up with us. :lol: Now the chorus is that they never offered and they were all head over heels for him not 2 months ago. Funny how that works.

Anyway, one of the guys mused that Reddic is 'VCU's new Larry Sanders'. :lol: 8-)

That's a lot of pressure...but even BCS schools know that VCU is getting bigtime talent to come in.

I'm sure Maryland will land either Eric McKnight or Jonathan Graham. Both seem to be quality bigs still available. But they missed out big time on Juvonte. Hard work has paid off for Will and Shaka.

Yeah, John Wall wanted to come here, but we turned him down. Too much dancing..

getSmart said:
I'm sure Maryland will land either Eric McKnight or Jonathan Graham. Both seem to be quality bigs still available. But they missed out big time on Juvonte. Hard work has paid off for Will and Shaka.

Actually I believe they are finished with the 2010 recruiting class already. While Juvonte had a Maryland offer, there were no more spots for him available after Haukur Paulson committed to Maryland. He had been tendered offers from both Oklahoma and Mississippi and had visits scheduled but has cancelled them after committing to VCU.

Reco McCarter had also visited Oklahoma and Georgia prior to commiting to VCU. It's nice to see VCU is beating out Capel for some guys.

districtballer said:
getSmart said:

Actually I believe they are finished with the 2010 recruiting class already. While Juvonte had a Maryland offer, there were no more spots for him available after Haukur Paulson committed to Maryland. He had been tendered offers from both Oklahoma and Mississippi and had visits scheduled but has cancelled them after committing to VCU.

Reco McCarter had also visited Oklahoma and Georgia prior to commiting to VCU. It's nice to see VCU is beating out Capel for some guys.

UMD has 5 guys coming in for three spots I don't think that was the issue.

Back