Juvonte Reddic a Ram?

Just because YOU don't know what's going on don't assume "over recruiting" is happening or anybody is being forced off the team. A scholarship may be available, its just that we don't know about it yet. There are so many scenarios that could be in play. Somebody not making it academically, somebody transferring, Larry going to the NBA, a previous commitment decommitting (remember we only have two guys officially signed). We can speculate all we want, but don't assume anything shady is happening until all the dominoes fall

I'm sure all of this will make sense soon.

Ramaholic said:
I don't like the method of over recruiting in terms of the available scholarships. It just isn't a class move. Creates undue speculation, anxiety, blame... I like the post about Bennet about only offering his new recruit a scholarship when one became available. And we are doing this for the sake of landing 2 star recruits.

Mistachill said:
Just because YOU don't know what's going on don't assume "over recruiting" is happening or anybody is being forced off the team. A scholarship may be available, its just that we don't know about it yet. There are so many scenarios that could be in play. Somebody not making it academically, somebody transferring, Larry going to the NBA, a previous commitment decommitting (remember we only have two guys officially signed). We can speculate all we want, but don't assume anything shady is happening until all the dominoes fall

I'm sure all of this will make sense soon.

What he ^ said. Unless you know what the situation is, why not wait and see how it plays out?

Guys come and go all the time. You see this a lot when you see coaching changes, and lord knows we have seen coaching changes. It is just part of the game.

one of Juvonte's reasons for being a Ram?
VCU only has basketball and it is their main sport and focus....

major ram said:

shhh, dont tell the football guys.

BradRamFan said:
I did say:

"I hope all this works out."

And I also remember all the nation users here talking about how Skeen will be the most dominate player vcu has ever seen....a guy who will crush every CAA player into a lowly piece of rubble....a person who will tear through the CAA like he was Godzilla walking through a balsa wood city.

And I also remember all the nation users here talking about how Gavin would just dominate all guards in the CAA, dropping basket after basket making his opponents jaw drop in misery.

If our recruits come in and show me I am wrong...so be it. I'll be glad to walk up to them and tell them I was so very wrong about their abilities and what they have done for us. But I'm not going to get all slobbery and alter praying about 2 star recruits who haven't played a game of college ball.

Mistachill said:
You put a lot of stock in the star ratings don't you?

FYI, Eric Davis was a 4 star coming out of high school. In fact, so was Skeen.

BradRamFan said:
In the latter part of the season I remember a game where Santil came in for a few plays and was then taken out...he said something to the coach and he didn't look very happy about having to sit.

I hope all this works out. But I will say that I feel like I'm reading the ODU board right now. I've never heard so much hullabaloo about two star recruits before....our last two recruits, as well as our Juco 11 ppg player.

Regarding Skeen, he has played out of position most of the year. That has impacted his productivity. Also regarding Skeen, I understand his grades are still questionable. Has anyone else heard this? I hope he is not one of the players not suiting up in a VCU uniform next year.

Wolfpack Ram said:
Regarding Skeen, he has played out of position most of the year. That has impacted his productivity. Also regarding Skeen, I understand his grades are still questionable. Has anyone else heard this? I hope he is not one of the players not suiting up in a VCU uniform next year.

No we haven't heard this since last time you brought it up.

major ram said:

Here is the entire quote:

"The most important thing was I felt comfortable there," he said. "They don't have football, basketball is the main focal point, and there was a lot of support. . . . "

So I guess IT DOES make a difference in some cases. Football??? Who needs football!?! Let's build the best non-football program in the country!

It looks to me that Shaka is doing the same thing that Grant did, bringing in his own guys. Let's just hope Shaka DOES NOT do what Grant did, and abandon them before they reach their full potential.

Let me get this straight Juvonte has a 3.5 GPA, he's 6'9" or 6'10", he's getting high praise from the scouting services and he's a RAM for the next 4 years!!! That's all I need to know. Welcome Juvonte and I hope you've met Reco while playing in NC. The two of you along with Rob and DJ will keep the house packed for the next four years. It's great to be a Ram Fan.

Anyone notice how Shaka and WIll are getting super athletic, big and SMART kids to come and play for us.

BTW let's kick some CofC azz tonight.

i read somewhere that the Quality Education Academy is a charter school ( A foreign concept here in our great commonwealth) I feared a Mt Zion type factory ....I could be mistaken but it does sound alot better.

Ramaholic said:
I don't like the method of over recruiting in terms of the available scholarships. It just isn't a class move. Creates undue speculation, anxiety, blame... I like the post about Bennet about only offering his new recruit a scholarship when one became available. And we are doing this for the sake of landing 2 star recruits.
Bennet talked one of his players into giving up their scolly so he could bring in someone else, and then he left to go to UVA. Was that more of a class move? It only creates speculation, anxiety, blame, if you let it.

Wasn't the player who gave up the scholarship a rising senior? Remember this happened last season.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
Ramaholic said:
Bennet talked one of his players into giving up their scolly so he could bring in someone else, and then he left to go to UVA. Was that more of a class move? It only creates speculation, anxiety, blame, if you let it.

Don't forget Spurlock who was more or less run off the team, and Landesberg who's going to be leaving early to go play in europe.

Back