Recruiting Recruiting Sub-Forum? Please vote!

Should we create a sub-forum under Men's Basketball for recruiting?

• Yes

Votes: 72 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's the #1 reason I hop on RN everyday, particularly in the off-season.

How about enforcing guidelines to keep non basketball topics like "vcu and papa johns" and the "elimination of gold rush dancers" off the basketball forum. That is stuff that clogs the basketball forum.

How about enforcing guidelines to keep non basketball topics like "vcu and papa johns" and the "elimination of gold rush dancers" off the basketball forum. That is stuff that clogs the basketball forum.
Nah. There are 8 of your threads on the first page right now, and you've taken to bumping them with a random tweet or vid when they fall off. You're not going to stop spamming them, so at least with a dedicated subforum it would all be contained in one spot. Solves both the complaints of the recruiting thread being too difficult to navigate and the first page being cluttered.

A little organization never hurt anyone, either. I envision something like:

• All Targets and Offers (Stickied)
    • Cut Lists/Official Visitors (Stickied)
    • 4* PF L'Carpetron Dookmarriott cut us to his list of 351
    • 3* PG Jackmerius Tacktheritrix says of vcu "its nice"
    • 3* SF Hingle McCringleberry puts his toilet paper roll on backwards
    • etc
    • etc

Nah. There are 8 of your threads on the first page right now, and you've taken to bumping them with a random tweet or vid when they fall off. You're not going to stop spamming them, so at least with a dedicated subforum it would all be contained in one spot. Solves both the complaints of the recruiting thread being too difficult to navigate and the first page being cluttered.

• All Targets and Offers
    • Cut Lists/Official Visitors
    • etc
    • etc
Love this example of organized recruiting info!

• All Targets and Offers
    • Cut Lists/Official Visitors
    • etc
    • etc

What was last positive thing you actually posted on this forum?

Your posting activity has been limited to 5 things over the past 9 months:

1. Engaging with me in a meanng less stars debate.
2. Engaging with other posters using a condescending arrogant attitude.
3. Ripping the coaching staff for not recruiting at level you like
4. Calling for the release of players on the current roster.
5. Trolling me.

Aside from that, you haven't brought anything comstructive here in awhile.

What was last positive thing you actually posted on this forum?

Your posting activity has been limited to 5 things over the past 9 months:

1. Engaging with me in a meanng less stars debate.
2. Engaging with other posters using a condescending arrogant attitude.
3. Ripping the coaching staff for not recruiting at level you like
4. Calling for the release of players on the current roster.
5. Trolling me.

Aside from that, you haven't brought anything comstructive here in awhile.
Well, believe it or not, unrelenting and unquestioning positivity isn't a requirement for fandom - nor is it the virtue folks make it out to be. I've noticed some of the folks that pride themselves on being so positive can be really, really nasty to folks that have a different point of view.

As to the rest, I don't really have any interest in bogging down this thread - or really any thread - but especially one that hopefully leads to a nice change for the forum with a back and forth with you.

What happened to updating the recruiting tab on the menu bar? If that were consistently updated it would be easy to track who the coaches are after. This way you don't have to sort through the back & forth in the recruiting thread and you don't have to create a new thread for every kid. Highlight videos for each player could be posted in the recruiting tab without having to make new threads. I think an official visit is worth a new thread though, as there's a real chance at that point. The recruiting news is great, it just needs to be streamlined a little bit.

Just throwing out a suggestion that could be a compromise to both sides of this without having to make huge changes. You could even sticky a link to the recruiting tab in the main basketball forum just to make it more visible.

let me suggest that we move everything VCU basketball related to a subthread so we can talk about abolishing the Gold Rush dancers and what should be on the basketball subthread on the main page full-time.

What about band nerd drama?

I'm in support of this if it's in a form similar to 2012's proposal. If there's going to be an entire recruiting sub-forum it has to be all encompassing and easy to navigate

Back