Recruiting Recruiting Sub-Forum? Please vote!

Should we create a sub-forum under Men's Basketball for recruiting?

• Yes

Votes: 72 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 41.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey everyone,

The new forum is live, and I am hoping time proves it to be a better experience for everyone. I have created threads similar to the ones I outlined on the first page of this thread and I have created this account to serve as a crowd-sourced recruiting account. That way, if I am unable or unwilling to update the threads, others will have access so we don't run into the same issue we had with the recruiting thread.

Access will be limited and I envision it to be be strictly informational: no opinions, no arguing, etc.

Bear with me while I figure this out, and message me if you think you will be able to contribute on this account.

Any number of "solutions" exist.

1. Don't allow people to create more than one new thread per day.
  2. Don't allow poster to post consecutive post in the same thread. Require another user to make a post before a user is able to post again in the same thread
  3. Formulate the forum to be an infinite scroll instead of pages
  4. @duncanlamb can create multiple profiles so it doesn't look like he is the one "flooding” the board

And so on and so on

1. Does this go across every forum or just VCU MBB? For example, If I were to make a thread on the VCU MBB page, would that mean I have to wait til tomorrow to make one on the VCU WBB, or Off Topic Forums? I honestly don't think this rule would work, cause there are some who make threads that don't get people all up in arms over little or nothing.

2. This one I have to completely disagree on (especially if it goes across all forums). A lot of times when I'm updating my stats thread, or when someone is updating the Rams In The Pros thread and some other threads.... you will often see the same person with 2 posts in a row. Why should people who are updating threads in a reasonable way have to wait for someone else to make a post in it before they can add another? Would limit my ability to update the Stats threads for sure... which some people do appreciate.

3. Not sure this is any better than having pages for people to search through. The Better solution if someone is trying to find a thread is use the search function and click the button that says Search Titles Only.

4. certainly would not be the first person to create multiple accounts on here & I'm sure it won't be the last.

Anyway.... the new sub forum is up.

1. Does this go across every forum or just VCU MBB? For example, If I were to make a thread on the VCU MBB page, would that mean I have to wait til tomorrow to make one on the VCU WBB, or Off Topic Forums? I honestly don't think this rule would work, cause there are some who make threads that don't get people all up in arms over little or nothing.

2. This one I have to completely disagree on (especially if it goes across all forums). A lot of times when I'm updating my stats thread, or when someone is updating the Rams In The Pros thread and some other threads.... you will often see the same person with 2 posts in a row. Why should people who are updating threads in a reasonable way have to wait for someone else to make a post in it before they can add another? Would limit my ability to update the Stats threads for sure... which some people do appreciate.

3. Not sure this is any better than having pages for people to search through. The Better solution if someone is trying to find a thread is use the search function and click the button that says Search Titles Only.

4. certainly would not be the first person to create multiple accounts on here & I'm sure it won't be the last.

Anyway.... the new sub forum is up.
Honestly I was bored and made those "suggestions" playfully understanding that the sub forum was essentially a foregone conclusion

The sub forum seems to be working pretty well as it looks like all the activity is there now(as one would expect this time of year) and the main page has seen very little activity in the past couple ours would should make it easy for people to see all the non recruiting information they are looking for on the forum.

I am curious why the one recruiting thread was left outside the sub folder

118 have voted. I wonder how many are illegal or dead? Why don't we have to show voter ID? Polls are so trustworthy.
Come on dude. We all know that VRN posters are trustworthy. We would NEVER attempt to manipulate a poll.

Regarding this new subforum. When are we allowed to talk about a new player on the regular forum? When they announce their commitment, when they sign a LOI or when they show up on campus for summer workouts?

We need some guidance!

Reactions: SWV
Regarding this new subforum. When are we allowed to talk about a new player on the regular forum? When they announce their commitment, when they sign a LOI or when they show up on campus for summer workouts?

We need some guidance!

I say the day they step foot on campus & classes have started..... then we know they are active Rams. Until then there's always the chance they back out.

We need some guidance!
Once they commit

I'm happy to see this subforum. It should make things a lot easier to follow since there won't just be one thread with over 2000 pages.

I'm happy to see this subforum. It should make things a lot easier to follow since there won't just be one thread with over 2000 pages.
You will just have to follow a dozen active threads here, then hope back and forth from the "main" page (although I don't see myself going there much any more). It's ok; it is done now. We'll all try to keep it organized.

Back