Ryan Odom officially named VCU head coach

How many "In-game"/X's and O's coaches do we usually have.....3, right? .....as in Scott, Byers and Brunt (for MR)........Rozz is a student/player development coach, but I don't think that is an X's and O's in-game coach is it?

Here is a listing of VCU basketball coaches currently on our website. Who on here would have similar jobs as compared to Scott, Byers and Brunt?staff.jpg

Think that's a good hire. Hopefully VCU and Utah State end up doing with great hires here. Best of luck.
Still think the fan base in both places should push for a home and home. Good MM programs need to be playing each other. Come Odom and Sprinkle get it done.
USU fans would love to do a H-H with VCU. If I had to guess the only person not on board with this would be Odom.

I like all four of these kids a lot, but the four, individually and collectively, haven't played a lot of college basketball. Those four guys have a combined 6 seasons of college basketball (Zeb has 3 of them). They've combined for 102 games, 944 minutes, and 252 points in those 6 seasons of college basketball. I look for jumps from all of them, but we desperately need some experience on the roster.
Not saying we dont but talent is talent. You get even a slight jump from Zeb, and a moderate from the other three and you are good. Remember Ace, Bones, Larry, Bradford, BA, Jesse, and even Delouch this past year we all freshman who hadn't played much or any at the collegiate level and did a serviceable to very good job even with limited experience.

All, Odom has to do is add some veteran talent and we are back in the mix. Dayton, Slu, and others all have guys in the portal.

Whether some fans like him or not. He is an alum and an accomplished former athlete as well. I can give the guy a pass even if he left. As a graduate he is still an alum.

Time heals all wounds.
and maybe Rhoades can be a consultant to the team

Back