Seating Chart

Do people want the truth? I'll post the truth if the ram nation won't delete it...............deal? I'll. Make it rain like we are at a real bcs school that can speak the truth............................................bet

fmrick said:
morrisar said:
I'd like to see more people give to the AD as well, but there is only so much you can do. Some people want to receive something in return.

I thought the idea of giving was just that, GIVING. Anything I get in return is just fluff.

And please don't tell the IRS that we give just to get something back! :shock:

That might be part of it. If you donate $1,000 and get $100 worth of gear then you haven't really made a donation of $1,000. You have donated $900 and purchased another $100 worth of stuff. If you give too much away other than just the seating priority and "perks" (com room, etc.) then it may no longer be considered tax deductible.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
That might be part of it. If you donate $1,000 and get $100 worth of gear then you haven't really made a donation of $1,000. You have donated $900 and purchased another $100 worth of stuff. If you give too much away other than just the seating priority and "perks" (com room, etc.) then it may no longer be considered tax deductible.

You make a good point about the tax deduction. I was just throwing ideas out there. Like I said, I give what I can regardless of perks. I was just saying when you ask Joe Schmoe off the street to donate, he's most likely going to ask, "what's in it for me?" How do I know this? Because I do ask people to donate to the program. I know that our donations would exponentially increase if we even did as little as add football to our 10-year plan. A lot of fans tell me they won't donate until we get football. Obviously, it takes money to start football so I think in all fairness if we even just added it to the gameplan then the money would start flowing.

I get it....this coming from the Benjamin Moore Guy who brings how much to vcu?

NCIN29 said:
I get it....this coming from the Benjamin Moore Guy who brings how much to vcu?

They're not sponsors this year.

this was a simple thread questioning about the seating chart and if it has been released and ncin has to come talk garbage, THANKS

john how about you just keep us informed on what you know about the seating chart and we can leave it at that, GREAT

ramtastic83 said:
this was a simple thread questioning about the seating chart and if it has been released and ncin has to come talk garbage, THANKS

john how about you just keep us informed on what you know about the seating chart and we can leave it at that, GREAT

I'm telling you, cool your jets and wait till tomorrow. I would put money on hearing something tomorrow. Just out of curiosity, why do you care to know so badly? Are you just interested in where your seats are going to be? I can tell you they are either behind a basket or in the corner and I've been told a corner. Here is what the seating looks like in the corners so you can visualize what our section may look like. If you've got club levels, you've got nothing to worry about. Every seat is a good seat in the club level.

chart_basketball.gif

Morrisar's right on this one. Why would they release the chart over the weekend?

No need to really wait. I was told over the weekend that the VCU seats are "in the corner". So that is 4-7, 11-14, 20-23, or 27-30. Club are mid-court, for those who can get them.

But remember that schools that don't use their entire allotment turn those tickets back in and the CAA re-distributes them to schools that need them. So there is a chance that someone will get better seats in a different section.

Heck, my bet is that after NU and ODU get knocked out on Sunday, there will be a lot of mid-court seats out there. :lol:

fmrick said:
No need to really wait. I was told over the weekend that the VCU seats are "in the corner". So that is 4-7, 11-14, 20-23, or 27-30. Club are mid-court, for those who can get them.

They must not be 20-23 because I just got section 22 tickets from Towson...

morrisar said:
fmrick said:

They must not be 20-23 because I just got section 22 tickets from Towson...

Why would you possibly go through Towson to get tickets to the CAA Tournament? Last time I checked, they were at the bottom of the standings with UNCW.

xjohnx said:
2 - Seeding determines location, not quantity.

Have you looked at the seating diagram? More rows of lower level seats on the sidelines for the higher ranked seeds. Same number of seats, few rows of lower levels... Not only is this common sense, but it's also what the ticket office will tell you.

P.S. Pardon the typos, I'm typing on my iPhone

Back