The 2024 Offseason Thread

True, but Weber had been contributing on the team for three years before getting hurt. No one on the team this past season was a Ram three seasons before and most of the four returning players didn't contribute the year before. Finding a leader may be a bit of a problem at times in this portal world. Sometimes you get an alpha that just takes charge, but sometimes you don't. I really thought Zeb would be the leader this year. Max doesn't seem like the type. Maybe Sean would have been if he wasn't hurt so much.
I think Zeb could be that guy next year if he does come back. New coach, new role, new team, lots of variables this year. Next year Zeb is the vet that is comfortable in the system.

was there ever discussions about VCU joining the AAC?
We don't know for sure, but I don't think the administration would be interested if offered. It's a football-driven league, and even then is really just a waiting area for schools hoping to jump to a P5 conference. For basketball, it's not a step up from the A10 in many years (including this past year) and the travel would be worse. For non-revenue sports, it would just be more travel. I don't see the benefits outweighing the problems created.

What time are they due back at the BDC? Maybe get a group together to welcome them home.
If any insider (IF they even exist any longer) can pop in an estimate I'd be happy to meet over there! That ocean that fell on RVa last night pretty much cements us as not working outside, today. Lemme know, if anyone knows.

If any insider (IF they even exist any longer) can pop in an estimate I'd be happy to meet over there! That ocean that fell on RVa last night pretty much cements us as not working outside, today. Lemme know, if anyone knows.
@Linda Knight

Flightradar says their flight is due into Richmond at 5:36pm. So I guess around 6-6:30?

I also think we need a Ric Flair, "to be the man, you have to beat the man" type of alpha, #1 dude. We have too many SD Jones types on this team. Will usually put up a valiant effort but ultimately will get pinned in the end.

Sorry to the non wrestling folks who don't get any of this. Google it. :D
Wooooooo!

Back