The Official Squish the Richmond Spiders in the Stu Thread

Mason’s law school isn’t necessarily better than UR’s. Mason sold its soul to the Koch brothers and now they teach a type of law that only benefits those who are really hard lined.

Law school is supposed to teach you both sides of the argument. I think UR law school is fine and might be on par with Mason. They wont hold that ranking for long.
Y'all probably don't remember the mason's "law" started as the International school of law in dc. used part-time georgetown professor rejects as their beginning faculty. Sure the may have increased their ranking but they started in last.

Thanks trying to game plan for next time, like I can actually affect anything. :lol:

The one thing I did notice was as soon as it was a whiteout, I knew we would wear red instead of blue.
The same red that I bet we only win 20% of the time when we are favored by 4 or more (which we weren‘t).
The same red that I have seen players make mistakes in, that I hadn‘t seen in 3 years of watching the same player.

Well played. Not that you needed luck…
I feel the same way about VCU wearing gold. Lost a lot of important games in gold.
Btw, we are a partial "gold" out for Friday's game against Dayton.

The big difference I see, portal wise, is that we caught kids coming down the ladder whereas Richmond caught kids coming up the ladder. Is there data to support which is better over time. I would think, given the small sample it would be better to pluck players for lower leagues that were over looked or under valued at the time instead of taking a risk on a P6 player that might have been highly regarded coming out of HS, but for some reason never reached potential in a big time program.

Lawal blocked this shot yet he was called for the foul.
65bed3f143638.image.jpg
That kid used his arm to make space, I think every time he drove. No wonder he was able to get his shot off except for this one.

I can't stress enough how disturbing it was to have those conceited aholes behind us shouting mess about him during this already stressful game during what I can only describe as an overly stressful day and Kat and I for a couple of reasons, well, a few. Rewatching this game totally confirmed what I had been noticing out there and everyone around us knows how loud I was shouting LETS GO JAYNEL not only for our sake, but for Jason's sake. Pretty sure his family was sitting very nearby, too. Regardless of animosity towards a former player who made a historic crosstown jump like he did, he didn't deserve that kind of verbal abuse. He had his reasons and I sincerely doubt it was purely about moving up as many of them might imagine- they all do when they move on. And we're not privy to the reasons/rationale behind their decisions, nor should we be. Regardless of made shots, he was out there giving his all for the team he's repping, which every team wishes they could get. And he was playing HUGE minutes, career minutes.

And he led his team to victory.

That deserves respect. Not what everyone who heard it could describe as less than juvenile trash-slinging everyone could hear, including his family.
I'll never forget it all. Never.
The victory Saturday for Kat and I was about more than us vs the Spiders.
To boot, it was about pride in this ram team FINALLY serving up those dorks behind us on a silver platter a big, steaming dish of shut the F UP.
Wait until we play at the RC. It will be worse, even with their tame crowd.

I can't stress enough how disturbing it was to have those conceited aholes behind us shouting mess about him during this already stressful game during what I can only describe as an overly stressful day and Kat and I for a couple of reasons, well, a few. Rewatching this game totally confirmed what I had been noticing out there and everyone around us knows how loud I was shouting LETS GO JAYNEL not only for our sake, but for Jason's sake. Pretty sure his family was sitting very nearby, too. Regardless of animosity towards a former player who made a historic crosstown jump like he did, he didn't deserve that kind of verbal abuse. He had his reasons and I sincerely doubt it was purely about moving up as many of them might imagine- they all do when they move on. And we're not privy to the reasons/rationale behind their decisions, nor should we be. Regardless of made shots, he was out there giving his all for the team he's repping, which every team wishes they could get. And he was playing HUGE minutes, career minutes.

And he led his team to victory.

That deserves respect. Not what everyone who heard it could describe as less than juvenile trash-slinging everyone could hear, including his family.
I'll never forget it all. Never.
The victory Saturday for Kat and I was about more than us vs the Spiders.
To boot, it was about pride in this ram team FINALLY serving up those dorks behind us on a silver platter a big, steaming dish of shut the F UP.
We were nearby and could hear that trash. I yell a lot at games - Yays and Boos - mainly at the action or, ok, mostly at the refs. Been to hundreds of games. I cannot remember anyone in our crew ever yelling at a player by name. We have booed a hard foul. It's just uncalled for. I was very happy for JayNel.

I want guys who want to be a RAM, are willing to work hard to improve their skills, and will be a good teammate and ambassador for the program and future Rams.

JNELchecks all those boxes and more. I’m glad we have him and he transferred to VCU. I hope he finishes his college basketball career at VCU and does great things for us!

First off, great win! This was my first home game since I graduated back in 06.....and OH MY GODDDDDD!!! Jon Rothstein is right. That was one of the best times of my life.

Also, was an absolute pleasure to finally meet @AlienAiden and @VCU Heel in person! Hopefully we can meet again soon.
Nice meeting you too! Cobra Cabana is a good spot.

I want guys who want to be a RAM, are willing to work hard to improve their skills, and will be a good teammate and ambassador for the program and future Rams.

JNELchecks all those boxes and more. I’m glad we have him and he transferred to VCU. I hope he finishes his college basketball career at VCU and does great things for us!
I'm good with Nelson being on the team, as long as his role is providing energy coming off the bench. I don't see him as a starting point guard on a great team and he will never be anywhere near as good as Ace like someone previously posted.

Now having said this, I have quite a track record being wrong about VCU point guards, Joey and JeQuan being the most glaring examples. So hopefully this serves as a good omen. :D

I'm good with Nelson being on the team, as long as his role is providing energy coming off the bench. I don't see him as a starting point guard on a great team and he will never be anywhere near as good as Ace like someone previously posted.

Now having said this, I have quite a track record being wrong about VCU point guards, Joey and JeQuan being the most glaring examples. So hopefully this serves as a good omen. :D
I have faith in your poor evaluations.

Joey took time but learned. Particularly how to use his smaller size to his advantage. Nelson can definitely develop into a solid PG but at the same time we need to find a good PG in the portal. It would irresponsible not to.

Back