The Official Squish the Richmond Spiders in the Stu Thread

Guys they are still talking about us over on the FUR Boards

"We don't necessarily need to catch up. We need to stop losing 3 out of 4. The big difference between them and us is they're nastier. The fans, the team and the administration just don't like UR. Read their board. They expect to win. Not hope to win. In many ways they know UR is everything they're not so they beat our brains in in sports and love it. I would too. "Fat cats from Henrico, we'll show em who runs Richmond." It's time the elitist attitude of the administration spills over to the athletic department so we can do what's needed to become athleticly elite, at least in our own darn town. Fvcu."

I like that we are nastier...junk yard dog baby
That's some funny sh*t right there. Delusional, self aggrandizing, and a bit narcissistic, but funny.

I'm good with Nelson being on the team, as long as his role is providing energy coming off the bench. I don't see him as a starting point guard on a great team and he will never be anywhere near as good as Ace like someone previously posted.

Now having said this, I have quite a track record being wrong about VCU point guards, Joey and JeQuan being the most glaring examples. So hopefully this serves as a good omen. :D
I too had doubts about the point guards you mentioned, but have to remember that coal can be cured in to diamonds. VCU is good at developing guards and we are fortunate to have a former excellent VCU guard on our bench to take raw talent and get it to explode.

I too had doubts about the point guards you mentioned, but have to remember that coal can be cured in to diamonds. VCU is good at developing guards and we are fortunate to have a former excellent VCU guard on our bench to take raw talent and get it to explode.
Forgot to mention that Dayton’s guard Javon Bennett is 5’10, and he does not let his height limit what he can do. I believe JaNel has only scratched the surface of what he can do…

Forgot to mention that Dayton’s guard Javon Bennett is 5’10, and he does not let his height limit what he can do. I believe JaNel has only scratched the surface of what he can do…
This is a huge part of why I think Jason is best as a spark off the bench - our starters last night were 6'5", 6'5", 6'7", 6'9", 6'10". That's a whole lot of height and length, particularly in the A-10.

5'10 or 6'10", he sure got it done for us last night!

"We don't necessarily need to catch up. We need to stop losing 3 out of 4. The big difference between them and us is they're nastier. The fans, the team and the administration just don't like UR. Read their board. They expect to win. Not hope to win. In many ways they know UR is everything they're not so they beat our brains in in sports and love it. I would too. "Fat cats from Henrico, we'll show em who runs Richmond." It's time the elitist attitude of the administration spills over to the athletic department so we can do what's needed to become athleticly elite, at least in our own darn town. Fvcu."

I don't think I've ever heard anyone here refer to them as "fat cats." Fat maybe. Possibly the p-word used to describe cats. But never "fat cats." Maybe they're confusing being referred to as overweight p-words? :?:

They also tend to confuse being pompous with being elite.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever heard anyone on here refer to them as "fat cats." Fat maybe. Possibly the p-word used to describe cats. But never "fat cats." Maybe they're confusing being referred to as overweight p-words? :?:

They have for sure put some flabby tabbies out on the court

I don't think I've ever heard anyone on here refer to them as "fat cats." Fat maybe. Possibly the p-word used to describe cats. But never "fat cats." Maybe they're confusing being referred to as overweight p-words? :?:

I’ve never thought of them as fat cats I always thought of them as kinda rude, uptight, sweater vest wearing, boomers

But fat cats ? Naaash

Haha FUR poster says, "We don't necessarily need to catch up". He has a valid point. I know, right?

There's ain't much to relish over there either.
ba-dum-tuss-jokes-575726106.gif

That's some funny sh*t right there. Delusional, self aggrandizing, and a bit narcissistic, but funny.
Yes, very funny coming from a fan base of students who come to Fur because they couldn't get into Ivy League schools, predominately from Jersey and NY

darn right we are nastier!

Back