Recruiting VCU Recruiting

Recruiting is really going to step up when we hit the new conference affiliation clause in Coach Odom's contract. :D

Last edited:
Although we are in a dead period it's been really quiet on the recruiting front overall. A substantial number of top prospects have already committed and many more have set-up official visits. Hopefully we will break out of the gate very soon. Need to make a statement.

Although we are in a dead period it's been really quiet on the recruiting front overall. A substantial number of top prospects have already committed and many more have set-up official visits. Hopefully we will break out of the gate very soon. Need to make a statement.
I don't want to say that it's worrisome, but it's worrisome

I hear you. It's perhaps a bit too early to be concerned but there have been numerous commitments, particularly in the top 150 tier, and lots of official visits scheduled. Coaches usually nail that first commitment sometime in the summer. The first one is always important to set the tone. Hopefully we hear something soon.

The coaches have been focusing on getting this team put together and a trip to Greece. There hasn’t been a lot of time for recruiting high school juniors.

I also have a feeling that VCU’s future is going to be much heavier in the portal than in high school recruiting. This new era might be a good thing for us. Either way, it’s a new era that will be very different from what everyone is accustomed to.

mine the portal.
freshmen for us will be kids that need to develop and once they do they will transfer to chase the quick buck
get old and stay old....

That does make sense...
Always keep an eye out for another Fats-type who will accept the honor and carry the banner of VCU Basketball, but I have no interest in being a farm system for the P-whatever-we-call-them now.

Who is this:

Followed by Arnold, Justin levine, Ferm, and Michael Belle.

Diverse list of follows.

2023-10-18-192200.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/ygb.brandon/

The guy brought up a while ago in the 2024 thread. Got a VCU offer, visited, etc. Has some other nice offers.
He has a really deep offer sheet, but not a ton of quality. He did just get a Louisville offer though. Whether that is a good offer or not depends on what you think of what's happened to that program

Back