League A10 Basketball: news and discourse around the league

Don't forget Elvis and Brea. They have a solid nucleus next year if they don't have anyone else leaving.
I agree. Dayton and AG are the only team in the A10 that scares me. They are built to beat us. Good thing now is at least we have bigs we can throw at Holmes and Camera that may not stop them but will slow them down a bit. If we can do that we are all good.

Our guard play is superior to theirs and losing that 3rd big to NMSU didnt hep either. I think Wheeler, KK, Fermin, Tobi, and Bairstow in a pinch match up well with KK and Bairstow making them defend as well.

I agree. Dayton and AG are the only team in the A10 that scares me. They are built to beat us. Good thing now is at least we have bigs we can throw at Holmes and Camera that may not stop them but will slow them down a bit. If we can do that we are all good.

Our guard play is superior to theirs and losing that 3rd big to NMSU didnt hep either. I think Wheeler, KK, Fermin, Tobi, and Bairstow in a pinch match up well with KK and Bairstow making them defend as well.

Camara is 100% gone and Holmes has yet to remove his name from the NBA draft. Dayton does not scare me with both gone.

Have you entered some kind of time warp? Is your tardis in hyperdrive?

Last I read DAY had 4 players on its roster and none of them was Holmes or Camera

Camara is 100% gone and Holmes has yet to remove his name from the NBA draft. Dayton does not scare me with both gone.
Holmes has until May 31st to remove his name from the draft but it's very likely not going to happen.

Without Camara, Holmes, Amzil, and Sharavjamts, Dayton is a shadow of its former self.

Last edited:
Have you entered some kind of time warp? Is your tardis in hyperdrive?

Last I read DAY had 4 players on its roster and none of them was Holmes or Camera
No just not a fan boy reading everything about everyone. In any event, you dont have to been an arse. Yeah I guess you do.

Fwiw, just because they arent on the roster today doesnt mean they dont have the option to return. They may not Richard but they could.

Last edited:
I agree and thanks for the civl response. I was unaware that Camara was out of the door.

If one of them is gone they dont scare me with what we have. With Camara, Holmes is a two headed monster and the other big guy transferred to UNM. The three of them were handful for shorter athletic guys.

Holmes ill be Holmes but we can get by if they dont have Camara. Unless he had foul trouble we couldn't stop him.

I agree and thanks for the civl response. I was unaware that Camara was out of the door.

If one of them is gone they dont scare me with what we have. With Camara, Holmes is a two headed monster and the other big guy transferred to UNM. The three of them were handful for shorter athletic guys.

Holmes ill be Holmes but we can get by if they dont have Camara. Unless he had foul trouble we couldn't stop him.
It is extremely unlikely Holmes is in college next year.

Toward the end of last season I was talking to someone pretty high up in VCU basketball. It was before the game and he didn’t have a ton of time, but we were discussing matchups with the A10. I said at that moment the only team that scared me was Dayton because they were the only ones in the league who could match VCU’s athleticism. He said that truth be told he thought they were actually a better team but they couldn’t get it together due to injuries. Right now they don’t scare me in the least. Anthony Grant is no slouch when it comes to recruiting but he needs to get at it if he’s going to have any kind of season with that team.

Toward the end of last season I was talking to someone pretty high up in VCU basketball. It was before the game and he didn’t have a ton of time, but we were discussing matchups with the A10. I said at that moment the only team that scared me was Dayton because they were the only ones in the league who could match VCU’s athleticism. He said that truth be told he thought they were actually a better team but they couldn’t get it together due to injuries. Right now they don’t scare me in the least. Anthony Grant is no slouch when it comes to recruiting but he needs to get at it if he’s going to have any kind of season with that team.
They were probably a better team than us last year but they just couldn’t quite put it together. They beat us in the Stu. We needed an amazing comeback to beat them at Dayton that was aided by several really bad turnovers and Grant not calling a timeout to end our late run. They pretty much had the game won. And then they got another big lead in the A10 Tournament and fell apart again. They easily could have won all 3 of those games.

They were probably a better team than us last year but they just couldn’t quite put it together. They beat us in the Stu. We needed an amazing comeback to beat them at Dayton that was aided by several really bad turnovers and Grant not calling a timeout to end our late run. They pretty much had the game won. And then they got another big lead in the A10 Tournament and fell apart again. They easily could have won all 3 of those games.
This was exactly my thought. They beat us once in the regular season and had no business losing the other time. Going into the A10 tournament I wrote off the VCU win because it was truly a fluke.

The A10: "Hey gang....remember back in March when Mike Rhoades left VCU and just about the entire team went into the portal and their fans were all higgelty-piggelty freaking out and we were all dancing a happy jig because mighty VCU had FINALLY fallen off after a ANOTHER coaching change???......................................Yea, that was a nice 12 minutes"

Back